2 weeks post op ... feeling great!!!

prettyblueyes
on 9/13/12 3:14 pm - AZ
Hi there..... just an update  (surgery 8/29/12- Roux-en-Y laporscopic)

according to my surgeon everything went "textbook perfect".  I hate coming out of Anesthesia, and had some trouble with the "morphine drip".  I didnt like the feeling of being "high' I guess you would call it...lol.... so I switched to Loratab and was released on 8/31 (Friday).

I was re-hospitalized on Sunday 9/02, and had to spend 4 days back in there.  I had blood in my stool and they could not figure out what was "leaking". I was scheduled for a blood transfusion...and then out of nowhere my levels rose (PRAISE THE LORD)..... Everything stabalized and I went back home on Thursday 09/05...

Recovery has been pretty good....I have no complaints other than this protein is "stopping me up".  Still a little sore near incisions...

I had my 2 week check up yesterday, and I am down 17 pounds...  He moved me to "soft foods" .... YAAAAAY (cause the whole full liquid- slider foods was not filling me up!!!)

Went back to work on 9/10 and rockin it.....

HW 283 ... SW 279 ... CW 262

Best-
jo jo

...And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.... But the greatest of these is love.       1 Corinthians 13:13...

kirk6400
on 9/13/12 5:43 pm - Watauga, TX
RNY on 09/06/12
Way to go Jo Jo,

Glad to hear you are doing so well. I am one week post-op and feeling so much better myself. I know EXACTLY what you mean about the "stopping up". A couple days after surgery I was miserable due to that. Luckily, once that got past me....lol...I have really rebounded. My two week check up isn't until next Friday and so looking forward to soft foods too. I'll tell ya, I will be so over chocolate by the time this liquid phase is done. I'm not having any problems feeling full or not full on the liquid but I have had a heck of a time finding something that's palatable. Finally settled on a homemade milk/pwd milk concoction that is working.

I'm due to go back to work Mon, 09/17, and luckily I am able to work from home for the whole week. I usually work from home 2 - 3 days ea. week but since I'm on driving restrictions for two weeks, my mgr has no prob with me working from home the whole week. I hope I'm just not tempted to curl up on the bed for mid-day naps...lol.

What about vitamins? In addition to my multi-vitamin they want me to take a B-complex daily....lord, why can't mfg's make things that taste good? I am having a hard time finding something that doesn't taste awful or smell like sour socks. Are you taking a B-complex and if so, what brand?

HW 265...SW 260...CW ???

Good luck and great going!!!!

Joyce :-)

prettyblueyes
on 9/14/12 9:58 am - AZ
Joyce-
I was givena  sample packet from Bariatric Advantage.  So far (other than chocolate calcium citrate lozenger) ...all their products taste delicious!!!  I ordered the mixed berry and passion fruit flavors....

My daily chews I picked up at local CVS (Carmel chewable) and they are delicious...

Good luck....and I can say it is Friday and I am EXHAUSTED.  I wish I had taken a few more days off.... my tummy is extra sore today.... but I had to save a few hours "banked vacation" for Dr appointments, etc.

Have a great weekend....

jo

...And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.... But the greatest of these is love.       1 Corinthians 13:13...

Kelly M.
on 9/14/12 6:46 pm - TX

Joyce I just realized we have the same doctor! I have not had my surgery yet, I have not been cleared yet from the psch part,I suffer with depression had a second eval with another doc waiting on results...I just hope I get to have the surgery one day, Sounds like you are doing good.Just thought I would say hey....Good Luck To You, Kelly

kirk6400
on 9/14/12 6:56 pm - Watauga, TX
RNY on 09/06/12
Hey Kelly,

Glad you contacted me to say hello. It's nice to connect with a fellow OH member with the same doc. Love Dr. Green....he's a great doctor..and what a sharp dresser..woohooo!!!

Sorry to hear you're having to deal with a second eval. I was so nervous every step of the way that something would be discovered to stall the pre-op process. I had tried to have the surgery two years ago and at the 11th hour the surgeon (not Dr. Green), pulled the rug out from under me. So this time around it was like I was holding my breath the entire time.

Hang in there. I know the eval process is for our own good and everything is in place to make sure we are in the right place both mentally and physically. It's hard though to let go and let someone else essentially have our life in their hands and hold the power.

Good luck to you and stay in touch!!

Joyce :-)

HW...265....SW...260....CW....229....RNY on 9/06/12

Kelly M.
on 9/14/12 8:26 pm - TX
thankyou Joyce, I will keep in touch and yes I love Dr. Green and yes he can dress.....
DivineVita
on 9/13/12 6:54 pm
Good for you! Similar experience with the morphine, ha!. Increase your fluids hopefully that will help with the stop up I actually didn't begin my protein shakes for 2 weeks cause in my nervousness obviously didn't read my diet,but the nurse told me to start. Use the gasx strips. Lifesavers for the back pain.

prettyblueyes
on 9/14/12 10:00 am - AZ
Your the 2nd person to recommend the GASX strips.... will be stopping by CVS after work!!!! 

P.A. also suggested I add some Crystal Light to my water, as I am having a hard time getting 64oz down daily.....

Thanks!
AnniesSS
on 9/13/12 10:55 pm
RNY on 09/11/12
Congrats! I'm so happy to read this!  I am only 3 days post op and although I'm better every day, here I am at 2am and wide awake lol.

Annie  HW 289   SW 257   GW 150

prettyblueyes
on 9/14/12 10:03 am - AZ
yes!!!! My sleep schedule definitely got "off"....especially with those 4 extra days laying around hospital.  I kept having 2am TV sessions....lol

I hope each day gets better for you!!!!!!
Most Active