It's the little victories that count the most

AnniesSS
on 9/15/12 5:23 am
RNY on 09/11/12
I slept ALL NIGHT in my bed!  I'm so tickled by that!  Yes, it was only my 2nd night home, but 2 nights in the hospital wasn't the best sleep by any comparison.  It felt so good to look at the alarm clock at 8am and just smile that A) It's Saturday and B) I slept the whole night in my bed and didn't wake up constantly (woke up 2xs to go to the bathroom though) or be woken up every 3 hours to check vitals or my blood sugar and didn't have so much pain that I had to sleep in the recliner again.
  Annie  HW 289   SW 257   GW 150

shygirlxoxo
on 9/15/12 1:22 pm - savannah, GA
RNY on 12/04/12
Every little goal counts. I HATE hospitals. It seems like as soon as you dose off, some one is coming in to do something to annoy you :) I go for pre-op Monday so I'm right behind you. Good luck and count all of those small victories that will turn into large ones!
-Anna
AnniesSS
on 9/15/12 3:27 pm
RNY on 09/11/12
Thanks Anna!  good luck to you next week :)

babs_02
on 9/15/12 8:24 pm - NY
I know how you feel. My nights in the hospital were crazy. Someone was either coming in to check me or my roommate and I was up all night. I was able to sleep in my own  bed the first night home and sleep on my right side too. Last night I slept on my left side with no pain at all. I don't feel like I had surgery at all, if it weren't for the wound sites and the surgical glue I wouldn't even know. Today I walked and did some shopping with hubby and came home and clleaned the house  with his help but bent over to pick something up from the floor and there was no pain. I'm going to have to be careful with that because I forget I am only 4 days out of surgery. Glad you are doing well too!
AnniesSS
on 9/16/12 4:15 am
RNY on 09/11/12
Wow!!! Such good news :)  I did grocery shopping with my hubby yesterday and had to take it real slow.  My problem is, that I had knee surgery on 8/30, so I'm recovering from 2 pretty hefty surgeries, but everyone I've seen says I'm doing and looking good.  I haven't talked house cleaning yet, but I made some home made egg drop soup yesterday - with all low fat, low salt everything, and yes, I drained out the egg cause I can't have it yet - and it was so good!!!!  Such a nice change from chicken broth, beef broth, bleh lol

Tomorrow, I'm going to tackle homemade chicken soup for the first time :)

Most Active