It really is nice to have a store just for us at their office

AnniesSS
on 9/17/12 7:57 am
RNY on 09/11/12
They carry many of the Baritric Fusion products and lots of other high protein drinks and foods and powders.

I picked up some:
Vanilla protein Powder
Unflavored powder
Whey protein shots
Chewable calcium
PB2 Peanut Powder.... has anyone tried this?  My sister in law has been looking for it, so I bought some to give to her. I'm going to stash some in a container for myself for when I'm ready for something similar.

If youve tried B2 - either plain or chocolate - please let me know what you think of it :)

Right now, I'm having a SF Caramel pudding with 1 scoop of protein powder for snack. Then getting ready to make some home made chicken soup. :)
  Annie  HW 289   SW 257   GW 150

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/12 8:27 am - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
It IS nice of your surgeon to have a store in their office to introduce you to these products.

However, if you intend to use them on a fairly regular basis, you might want to check out other supplies to ensure that buying them in your surgeon's office is cost-effective.

I like PB2 peanut powder but I'm not particularly fond of the chocolate version.  Funny thing is that I do like peanut butter cups so I'm thinking it's the mouth feel associated with the lack of fat.

Bariatric Fusion makes some pretty decent products as do other manufactures.  Are the protein powders and shots you bought from them or another manufacturer?

BTW, taste buds can change multiple times during the journey.  It may be items you enjoy now don't touch your fancy later and items you don't care for now hit the spot later.  If you belong to a support group, you might want to set up taste tests of protein products and do some exchanges.

Best wishes.
Dave Chambers
on 9/17/12 8:39 am - Mira Loma, CA

I'm aways "wary" of surgeon's who have a store in their medical practice.  I'll bet you can get those products much cheaper than you surgeon's "store".  Google the products you like -- your budget may get more $$ to spend by buying online. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

rainyone
on 9/17/12 9:55 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
That's awesome that they sell these products. My stepdaughter claimed my pb2 and I haven't tried it. She is 14 and loveeeesss it.  She especially loves the chocolate one. She usually makes it up and uses it on toast. I was mainly planning on using it in shakes . I needed to order more and found it on netrition in a big economy bag :-)

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

AnniesSS
on 9/17/12 10:40 am
RNY on 09/11/12
On September 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM Pacific Time, rainyone wrote:
That's awesome that they sell these products. My stepdaughter claimed my pb2 and I haven't tried it. She is 14 and loveeeesss it.  She especially loves the chocolate one. She usually makes it up and uses it on toast. I was mainly planning on using it in shakes . I needed to order more and found it on netrition in a big economy bag :-)
They were selling the chocolate 1lb bags for $12. :)  If that's a good price, let me know, I'll be glad to ship a couple of them to you :)

AnniesSS
on 9/17/12 10:39 am
RNY on 09/11/12
I figured the chocolate PB2 wasn't popular as there were lots of jars and 1lb containers and only 2 jars of the plain and a bunch of 1lb bags. lol

I was leery of the office store too, but it's very modest and just has products for us and nothing else, nothing fancy/flashy.  The girl that works there isn't the most amazing store clerk ever, but she seems to know the products ok.

Bariatric Advantage Vanilla protein Powder 35 servings Paid $55  - online $60
Nectar Unflavored powder paid $21 - online $18/16/20
New Whey protein shots paid $3.50 each - online $2.50/2.90
Bariatric Advantage Chewy calcium citrate paid $12 for 60 - online $12
PB2 Peanut Powder paid $5 for 6.5 jar - online

So with tax I paid $110
I would have paid $102 plus shipping, so i don't think I did too badly at all. :)  When I'm sure I like certain things, I will try and order them in larger quantities and have them delivered, but for now, while I'm only 6 days out of surgery, I think this will do. :)

If anyone has any websites that they frequent, that has great prices, I'd love to check them out :)

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/12 2:09 pm - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
Awesome!
poet_kelly
on 9/17/12 6:44 pm - OH
Be aware that New Whey protein shots contain mostly collagen protein and only a tiny bit of whey protein.  Since we don't absorb the collagen since it's an incomplete protein, you'll get very little protein from those.  I'm sorry to hear your surgeon is selling them to patients when they aren't a good source of protein for WLS patients.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MsBatt
on 9/17/12 6:53 pm
On September 17, 2012 at 6:44 PM Pacific Time, poet_kelly wrote:
Be aware that New Whey protein shots contain mostly collagen protein and only a tiny bit of whey protein.  Since we don't absorb the collagen since it's an incomplete protein, you'll get very little protein from those.  I'm sorry to hear your surgeon is selling them to patients when they aren't a good source of protein for WLS patients.
I'm curious. I've heard people say that collagen protein isn't well-absorbed, but you're the first I've heard say it was because it's an incomplete protein. Plant-based proteins are pretty much all incomplete proteins, too, aren't they? Yet no one talks about the protein in, say, beans, being not well-absorbed. What gives?
angeleigh
on 9/17/12 5:42 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12
On September 17, 2012 at 2:57 PM Pacific Time, AnniesSS wrote:
They carry many of the Baritric Fusion products and lots of other high protein drinks and foods and powders.

I picked up some:
Vanilla protein Powder
Unflavored powder
Whey protein shots
Chewable calcium
PB2 Peanut Powder.... has anyone tried this?  My sister in law has been looking for it, so I bought some to give to her. I'm going to stash some in a container for myself for when I'm ready for something similar.

If youve tried B2 - either plain or chocolate - please let me know what you think of it :)

Right now, I'm having a SF Caramel pudding with 1 scoop of protein powder for snack. Then getting ready to make some home made chicken soup. :)

Ya i bought some stuff from there to, it seems like there prices where pretty close to online stores but with no shipping. I picked up both kinds of PB2 and it really wasnt to bad.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1477 views