Question for Peeps who've had C. Difficile

MochaPJ
on 9/20/12 10:37 am - CA

I am an RNY peep and I was just diagnosed with C. Dificile Colitis. I have had symptoms for 6 weeks and started treatment on Vancomycin yesterday. I asked my doctor if I could just skip the Flagyl because of the horror stories I read about it.

How long did it take you to recover? I haven't been able to work for a week because I've been so physically weak, but I do feel a little stronger today and I'm hoping this trend continues!

I'd appreciate your input!

Thanks,
Laurie

Valerie G.
on 9/20/12 10:40 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Take everything he prescribes, and be prepared to try a couple of rounds.  This can take several months to clear up, so be prepared.  This is also very contagious, so take special care not to spread it to family either.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MochaPJ
on 9/20/12 10:54 am - CA
Oh, I'm prepared for a battle. I can't seem to get a straight answer about whether or not I'm contagious. Everything I read says I am, but my doc says not to be overly concerned. I have three grandkids, 5, 3 and almost 3, that I watch a few days a week. I would be horrified to think I could pass this to them!

I have been going through my primary doc. I'm thinking I should make an appointment with a gastroenterologist. I don't need a referral. Do you think I should do that?

Most Active