How long are you going to wait before you have WLS

Suzanne B.
on 9/28/12 12:02 pm, edited 9/28/12 12:03 pm - OR
Hi Everyone,

I love this quote and it really is so very true. Just think about it and believe in it.

"What you thought before has led to every choice you have made, and this adds up to you at this moment. If you want to change who you are physically, mentally, and spiritually, you will have to change what you think." Dr. Patrick Gentempo

So, after reading about this, I will say what we have heard throughout our lives. You are what you eat!!! How did we become overweight, fat, plump, tubby, flabby, pudgy, large, big, fluffy, obese, and unhealthy? There are a lot of ways to describe what we are or what we were. I lived way too many years being fat, doomed and detrimental to my entire life. I had tried too many diets to even count. I was successful at Weigh****chers, only to eventually gain back the weight. I never made a LIFESTYLE change. I always went back to my old eating poor habits, for many reasons. The list is long for all the reason we over ate.   

I knew that I had to do something different, and I started to look into weight loss surgery. After many months, I knew I wanted to have “sleeve" surgery, and I knew without a doubt that I wanted Dr. Aceves to be the doctor who was going to do my surgery. I lost 105 pounds and I have kept it off now for 4 years. It required work and making a lifestyle change on my part.  I never feel deprived to what I eat, I do eat healthy, and I do have some desert now and then, only small amounts of it. I also am the lady who did NOT like exercise. Now I walk at least 6 days a week—that is my form of exercise. While I was losing weight, is when I started to walking.  

I also thought what if I am the “one" person that this surgery will NOT work on. Boy was I wrong, it worked and I love it!!!!  If you are thinking of all the reason why you should not have this surgery, STOP right now and think of all the reason why you want to live life as a thin and healthy person. Stop thinking about where you have been and START thinking about where you are going!   

Go for it, if you have questions, I am out here to help you and answer any and all your questions. This is a life changing event in my life. I am so very delighted that I have done this. You can have the very same results.   

Hugs,
Suzanne
Sleeved 10/21/2008
Lost 105 pounds.
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
bibette1
on 9/28/12 1:22 pm
RNY on 09/08/14
I want to thank you for this post.  I hardly ever come to this site, but tonight for some reason I did.  Like you mention in your post I have been struggling with the decision to have WLS and I just needed a little bit of support and encouragement.  Your words really hit me, thanks again!

Vicki
Suzanne B.
on 9/28/12 2:29 pm - OR
 Hi,
I am thrilled that what I said helped you. Please do not give another day of your life being unhealthy. I am always here to help you and answer any of your questions. I will always be honest with you. You can always contact be at my petsonal email. [email protected] I wish you great success in your journey.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
bibette1
on 9/29/12 3:03 am
RNY on 09/08/14
Thank you so much!