HELP WITH BILATERAL BREAST REDUCTION.

Jo-Anna B.
on 10/10/12 11:56 pm
hi i am having a bilateral breast reduction on oct 22. just wondering if anyone has had it ,and what were your results? what can i expect? was it worth it? did you go down in size? did you stay over night in the hospital? did you have a home nurse help change your dressing? any and all info very much appreciated,ty :)

APPLIED TO OHIP FOR PANNI ON NOV 20/09.    
APPROVED FOR PANNI ON JAN 15/10. 
PANNI SURGERY ON MAY 03/10.

STARTING WEIGHT:270. LOWEST WEIGHT:143  APPLIED TO OHIP FOR  BILATERAL BREAST REDUCTION ON: OCT 19/11.                              BILATERAL BREAST REDUTION: OCT 22,2012.
  LAPAROSCOPY/PETERSON'S HERNIA:AUG 31,2012. 
   (  SUFFERED FOR SIX MONTHS,I SHOULD OF DIED )                 
kathkeb
on 10/11/12 12:42 am
I had a bilateral mastopexy (breast lift) about 2 years ago.

Mine was done at the same times my brachioplasty (arm lift).

They were performed at an outpatient surgical center.

I did not stay overnight. I went in, met with the surgeon and the anesthesiologist and went under.
Then I had great recovery nursing support. My husband took me home about 3 hours after surgery and I slept in my own bed (sitting up...I was pretty bandaged up).

The next day, I went back to the doctors office for a wound check and dressing change.
They removed all of the bandages. I had 2 drains, one in each armpit, and they were pulled out.
I was rebandaged, shown how to self-care and allowed to go home to shower and rest.

My surgeries were on a Thursday and I was up and off pain meds by Sunday and driving to run errands by Monday.
Kath

Monica M.
on 10/11/12 12:49 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Jo-Anna, are you on the ontario forum as well? you might get more relevant information there, i find this forum to be kind of "america" centric.

I had a bilateral breast reduction about 6 yrs ago, here in Ontario. I went home the same day, i DID go down in size. (in retrospect, i wish i had waited until after my RNY surgery, like you've done). It was definitely worth it, for sure.

I had to have drains in on both sides, and that required me to have home health nurses in to change those dressings.

Who's your surgeon?

the only complaint is loss of sensation in my nipples, and they look a little lopsided to me (the nipple not the breast)

Jo-Anna B.
on 10/11/12 1:03 am
i am and have tried n nothing :).....my surgeon has and is Dr. Tim Sproule.

APPLIED TO OHIP FOR PANNI ON NOV 20/09.    
APPROVED FOR PANNI ON JAN 15/10. 
PANNI SURGERY ON MAY 03/10.

STARTING WEIGHT:270. LOWEST WEIGHT:143  APPLIED TO OHIP FOR  BILATERAL BREAST REDUCTION ON: OCT 19/11.                              BILATERAL BREAST REDUTION: OCT 22,2012.
  LAPAROSCOPY/PETERSON'S HERNIA:AUG 31,2012. 
   (  SUFFERED FOR SIX MONTHS,I SHOULD OF DIED )                 
(deactivated member)
on 10/11/12 6:30 am - Reeseville, WI

I had it done 20 years ago and haven't regretted it for a second.  What's good is that I didn't lose any sensation in my nipples, I no longer have constant back aches, ruts in my shoulders, or the aggravation of having to search high and low for a decent bra.

Also, my boobies still look good after all this time without much sag at all.  Since the weight loss they have shrunk, but I don't care.  Just less to take care of. :)

julie04930
on 10/14/12 11:42 am - Dexter, ME
I had a breast reduction about 9 years ago.  It was before my RNY surgery.  I dropped in size and backpain.  I asked for a full B cup, but because I was overweight my surgeon suggested I only go down to a full C cup.  I ended up a D cup.  The procedure was done as a day surgery.  I went home that night and returned the next day to have the drain tubes removed.  I have no regrets at all.  I still have full sensation in my nipples and scaring has faded alot.  I must say I have lost more since having my RNY and losing 125lbs, but I am still very happy.  Good Luck to you!

Julie W.

Start 2 wk liquid diet: 248# / SW: 234# / CW: 130# / GW: 140#

Most Active