Diarrhea ... HELP!

Valerie G.
on 10/14/12 10:04 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Trust me, I won't try to read you, I'm just going to say how things are.  You obviously can't understand a psych evaluation, but the person who passed you through should have their license revoked.  

If you want to keep living in the "now" go ahead and do so, but I'll give you a clue to what you have to look forward to.  

You'll start to look very sallow, maybe even a little jaundiced.  Your hair will start to look lifeless and get brittle.  Your vision will start to change and you may notice some tingling in your fingertips and limbs before they go completely numb. It's okay, though, because you're living in the "now" right?  If you can't see how horrible your hair, it's better off.   It's all good.   Your teeth and hair will then start falling out.  You probably won't care because you're too fatigued to function, which is a good thing because you dont have hair to do anymore anyway.  You'll be too scared to ask a doctor for help because you're too proud, but that's just before your body makes it's last attempt to gain energy by feeding off of your own organs.

Oh yeah, and then you die, and I'll still be middle aged, and that's okay -- so continue on with your self-righteous rant.  This post isn't for your benefit, but maybe for someone who is a little more intelligent enough to make changes when they realize it might be them slipping a little, and they're smart enough to take the reigns and get back on track.  

I'd give you one more miserable year.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

nikki050
on 10/14/12 10:50 am - Milwaukee, WI
 Yawn. I didn't even read all of it. You're a ****
kisha
on 10/15/12 12:07 pm

Ms. Valerie...you need a high 5!!!!...couldnt have said it any better...Thanks! The truth shall make you free.......

Will I ever get to my goal weight!!!            

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/14/12 8:18 am

Valerie, I think that nikki050 is either a troll or a person with serious health, personality issues.

If you care to check her posting in the last few years - it is not good. I would not be surprised to hear that she is still using alcohol and maybe even something else. Some of her posts just do not make sense.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Valerie G.
on 10/14/12 10:06 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Perhaps someone else can benefit from the real life future she has to look forward to.  In the meantime, her insane ravings are quite entertaining.  If she wants to die, then she can die.  I just want her to do so with eyes wide open. From behind a computer screen, I can leave her to that fate.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/14/12 10:20 am
You got a point..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Laura in Texas
on 10/16/12 11:41 am
So true. There is no point in us wasting our breath with her. From one middle-aged woman to another...lol.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

MsBatt
on 10/14/12 1:44 am
On October 14, 2012 at 5:57 AM Pacific Time, nikki050 wrote:
 Hmmm you'll be sad to know that I do not take any vitamins or supplements. no probiotics. no antibiotics. nothing unusual. I don't eat much. I dont have much much of an appettite.. I drink coffee and eat soup but I've done that for years now.
Well, you're screwed. Seriously---taking calcium and iron will halt your diarrhea, AND keep you alive. Try it.

Otherwise--just die.

I know that sounds harsh, but really---if YOU don't give a good god-damn about your health, why should WE???
Jackie McGee
on 10/13/12 1:14 pm - PA
 Make sure you're staying hydrated. 

I would also recommend staying away from caffeine and dairy.

Try a BRAT diet for a few days (bananas, rice, apple sauce and toast) along with as much water you can get into yourself. If you have some kind of virus or bacteria build up causing this, the BRAT diet will help that.

Skip talking to your surgeon. Just because you've had WLS doesn't mean everything that happens to you is directly related to your WLS. An office visit with your PCP will probably be cheaper since you don't have insurance, or maybe even a visit to an Urgent/Priority Care facility if you have one close to you. Your surgeon wants you to come in because that's how he makes money, and if he prescribes anything, it'll be the same thing someone else can prescribe to you only it will cost you less money, which is ultimately more important.

You could be lactose intolerant. You could have a "bug". You could have the flu. You could have eaten something bad. All sorts of things cause diarrhea.

...or you might not even have diarrhea at all. Sometimes people who have soft stools after a lifetime of having hard stools confuse soft stools with diarrhea. 

Anyway, I guess my main point is skip seeing your surgeon for this.

Proud mama of Mischa and Gabriel, both born post-op.

morgan9_7
on 10/14/12 7:51 am
I had simular issues, and it ended up being c-diff.  c-diff is bad times.  I'm not sure how much the test is, but it worth checking out. 
Most Active