Has anyone seen this about LapBand?

Valerie G.
on 11/6/12 6:48 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I think that the sleeve is gaining ground and Allergan is suffering.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/31/business/as-sales-fall-all ergan-seeks-a-buyer-for-lap-band.html?smid=fb-share

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Runningforpower
on 11/6/12 8:52 am - NY

This is expectable, especially for services within the weight loss field.  There will always be new products to outshine the old and this a classic example.  In a couple of years I predict the sleeve sales falling just as much as the lapband, which will lead to a rise in more innovations and better services.  The cycle will repeat itself.

Dena W.
on 11/6/12 8:59 am - Tarpon Springs, FL

We saw that in the practice I was working with most recently here in Tampa, FL.  LOTS of inquiry about the sleeve, not as much anymore for the band.  The band reps we spoke to seemed to be feeling the same way. 

Dena
See my YouTube vlogs here:  http://www.youtube.com/user/LiLtinee
Add me as a friend on Facebook:    Dena Waskiewicz               
Starting weight:  297 / Goal weight:  140's / Current weight:  138-143
Lap RNY 3/12/2007 ~ Fleur-de-Lis tummy tuck 7/12/2010

Hislady
on 11/6/12 1:22 pm - Vancouver, WA

Yep probably cause the band is a piece of useless craptastity that doesn't work and causes more harm than any of the little good it does. You can only harm so many people before the word gets around and people get smart!

M M
on 11/7/12 1:14 am

Yes.

Allergan is considering selling out its Lap-Band arm of weight loss surgical devices -- after a rapid decline in sales and huge public perception fail.  Shocking, right?  Uh, no.

La-fi-allergan-lap-band-20121030-g

Nic M
on 11/7/12 1:53 am

The band is so horrible that you almost need to laugh about it to keep from crying.

I knew that as soon as enough GOOD doctors started refusing to perform a procedure that harms patients, the profits would decline and this would happen. It's about damned time, too.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Patm
on 11/7/12 1:54 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

In Ontario, Canada we can get funding for RNY, sleeve and duodenal switch but not for the lapband. They do not consider it a viable option

Hislady
on 11/7/12 7:32 am - Vancouver, WA

I knew you Canadians were smart folks!!!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1389 views