OT: sharks at work

johns-wife
on 11/12/12 10:51 am

Gotta vent -

Just told a coworker that I might be leaving for another job offer. Later in the evening, another coworker calls me at home to ask me to give her all my assignments and projects (the ones that I built) so she can start receiving the supplements for all the work that I put in - and on top of that she wants me to show her how to run my programs!!! Gah! People! If I do leave, I'm not training her, she can figure it out herself - friggin vultures.

sam1am
on 11/12/12 11:14 am

Yep, they are at my office too!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Dave Chambers
on 11/12/12 3:04 pm - Mira Loma, CA

It's likely best to keep "job shopping" a secret--gossip mills abound in the work place.  It's the same with your surgery. If you don't want people to know about it, don't "confide" in anybody.  Seldom are these confidences kept for very long. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Mary Catherine
on 11/12/12 3:06 pm

Once you calm down and think about it, here are the advantages.  If you go to your supervisor and tell them that you are leaving for another job (and never again tell someone at work before you are sure) then you can get points by offering to train your replacement.  It might or might not be the vulture.  By keeping things smooth for the company, you leave a good impression and a door open there in case the new job does not work out.  

Stephanie M.
on 11/13/12 12:25 am

It's best not to share until you're sure and have accepted the other offer.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Most Active