Help! 3 years post RNY having dizziness, lightheaded, and nausea in AM

Helen B.
on 11/14/12 1:59 am - Lake Placid, FL

Hi my OH experts!

i am 3 years out from my RNY, and I have recently started a couch to 5K program.  I have been having some swelling in my knees, so I have had to back off.  Oddly enough, the past 2days I have been waking up dizzy, lightheaded and nauseated. It does pass after a while.  I did have a cold last weekend, not sure if that is the reason..

Does anyone have ideas? I was thinking maybe low blood pressure? I am still taking by medicine.  I just got the orders for my 3 year blood work.

Any ideas, suggestions would be helpful...

Helen

Valerie G.
on 11/14/12 2:32 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Around my 2nd year post op, I had very low blood pressure with similar symptoms, but shameless salt indulgence got me through it.  In other words, your sodium may be low, causing lower BP

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Helen B.
on 11/14/12 2:36 am - Lake Placid, FL

I never thought of low sodium.. What causes that?

Valerie G.
on 11/14/12 2:54 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

General malabsorption and we've all been brainwashed to eat low salt.  On the other hand, it does cause you to hold water when you overindulge, but I'll take a little water weight if I can remain conscious for it.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

livinglifelarge
on 11/14/12 3:01 am
RNY on 07/27/12

Every time I am getting over being sick, I get the dizziness stuff going on.  I just use a little salt on my food (this is the only time I slat my food) and it goes away.

RNY 7/27/12        
Helen B.
on 11/14/12 3:06 am - Lake Placid, FL

Thank you!

MsBatt
on 11/14/12 9:15 am

Or, given that you're getting over a cold, it could be your inner ears. If so, it should clear up on its own in a few days.

Helen B.
on 11/14/12 9:41 pm - Lake Placid, FL

How would I know if it's inner ear?

Linda_S
on 11/14/12 11:39 am - Eugene, OR

How's your blood sugar?  You might want to check and see if it's too low when you wake up in the morning.

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Helen B.
on 11/14/12 9:42 pm - Lake Placid, FL

I have not had my blood sugar tested... Prior to surgery I was pre-diabetic.. Could it be possible to be low?

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1449 views