Splurging or Not Splurging on your Thanksgiving Meal???

Tammy H.
on 11/21/12 10:19 pm - Greenville, OH

How many of you are planning on eating everything in sight?  How many of you will be making healthy and wise choices?  Anyone trying new recipes?  If so, care to share?  If you are going to a family members house for a meal, will you be taking a healthy dish or will you go with whatever is available? 

Have a Happy Thanksgiving...Enjoy your day !!! 

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Valerie G.
on 11/21/12 10:35 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I intend to get a dab of everything and eat strategically..protein first > then veggies > then the goodies with the last few bites.  I'm doing the cooking, and am making everything homemade with whole, unprocessed foods.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Tammy H.
on 11/21/12 11:18 pm - Greenville, OH

Good idea about getting a dab of everything...I think that I will follow your plan...My sister is helping fix the meal today...Its fun to hang out together like that...We try to watch some of the Macy's Day Parade here and there.

Thats good that you are making everything homemade...Most of our dishes will be homemade also...Thats just how we were raised...Have a great day!

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

ChristineB
on 11/21/12 10:48 pm, edited 11/21/12 10:48 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

No splurging for this girl. I recently had bowel surgery for adhesions & prior partial obstructions. I can barely get in 1/2 c of food. If I go over I am miserable. I have a unique situation with the fact that my DH also is a RNY patient (both of us 9+ yrs out) so we are each other's support and encourager to walk the straight and narrow.

We are just doing a small bone in turkey with rib meat breast, stuffing, potatoes & and veggies. We will have more than enough left overs and will be able to make soup with the bones.

PS - edited to add that I do have a small pumpkin pie in the house as a treat. I researched yesterday how to freeze the left overs of it . . . That is my one splurge I guess you can call it. 

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Tammy H.
on 11/21/12 11:21 pm - Greenville, OH

Sorry to hear that you had to go through bowel surgery...I hope you get feeling better soon.

Thats wonderful that you have a husband that knows what you are going through, and can be of good support to each other...I am lucky to have supportive family and friends...Maybe one of these days I will find myself a supportive and caring man.

Soup with the left overs sounds delicious....Have a wonderful day!!!

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/21/12 11:16 pm
Not splurging. Carbs make me feel bad - really bad. So it would be turkey and ham, with some veggies. No potatoes or any starches.
And RNY friendly pumpkin bread as a snack. (Low carb, high fiber and protein, NSA, flour less...)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Tammy H.
on 11/21/12 11:22 pm - Greenville, OH

Good job on the not splurging...I can do carbs but I try to watch the portion size when I do have them...Great choice on the RNY friendly pumpkin bread...Am sure it will be yummy...Have a great Turkey Day.

MrsLitch
on 11/22/12 12:00 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

I love pumpkin bread would you share the recipe for yours?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

shygirlxoxo
on 11/21/12 11:39 pm - savannah, GA
RNY on 12/04/12

I think I might splurge...on a new sf syrup :) Liquid pre-op during thanksgiving :( Think blended up turkey and stuffing counts as a "liquid"? lol j/k

Tammy H.
on 11/22/12 9:12 pm - Greenville, OH

LOL on the liquid turkey and stuffing...How did your day go?

Most Active