Cosmetic Surgery

Prettylady33
on 11/26/12 3:20 am - Oakland,, CA

Has anyone had cosmetic surgery (tummy tuck, breast lift, arms, thighs, etc) done, since having weight loss surgery? If so, how did it go for you? Are you happy with the results? Which one did you do? Did your insurance cover it?

Laura in Texas
on 11/26/12 3:28 am

Lots of us have had plastics. You can find much more info on the plastic surgery forum. My insurance did not cover any of mine. I am thrilled with my results and would have more if I could afford it.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/a,messageboard/board_id,4861/

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Eggface
on 11/26/12 4:51 am - Sunny Southern, CA

I don't consider it cosmetic surgery but more like reconstructive surgery but  yep, Lower Body Lift, Breasts, Arms. I'm happy I need to have a little more taken off my arms I lost additional weight in that area and I need to get my inner thighs done (one of these days, maybe) picture remodeling a house but leaving the kitchen alone with harvest gold paint and old appliances LOL the areas not worked on stand out more.

I had no insurance. Self pay. Mexico.

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

val28
on 11/26/12 4:52 am - amherst, NY
Adjustable Gastric Band on 03/03/08

i had a tummy tuck...extremely happy with the results...my insurance paid for the panniculectomy and i paid for the cosmetic work

Dave Chambers
on 11/26/12 6:00 am - Mira Loma, CA

Insruance companies typically only cover "plastic surgery" for cancer or burn patients.  The only procedure likely to be covered is the panni--where just the loose skin on the abdomen is removed--no muscle tightening at all.  I will tell you that most plastic surgeons want you to either be 18 mo. post op or have 6 mo. with a stable wt.  I know two women in one of my support groups who where "in a hurry" for their TT, and had it done earlier than the surgeon preferred. They were both self pay. They BOTH had to return to the surgeon for a "tune up" on their surgery due to additional wt loss past their surgery date. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

kathkeb
on 11/26/12 10:12 am

I had reconstructive plastic surgery --- arms and a breast lift 2 years ago

Tummy Tuck 8 months ago

I am thrilled with the results of both surgeries and self-paid for both of them (the arms/breast lift was about 9,000 and the Tummy Tuck was just under 7,000).

Both of my procedures were done locally (Tucson, AZ) and done in a fully accredited Surgical Center with anesthesia and nursing care -- done as out-patient procedures.

Kath

MyLady Heidi
on 11/26/12 11:41 am

I paid 11.5k for tt, neck, arms.  What I had done thrills me, still have lots I could do but can't afford.

Amy Smith
on 11/27/12 2:18 am

I am so happy and fortunate that I have had a "remodeling."  I have had a LBL and inner thigh lift.  Insurance did pay for my lower abdominoplasty, but I have taken out loans for the rest.  I will have an upper body lift in a few weeks.  Personally I do consider this my first round of plastics for pure looks.  I started thinking about a LBL when running became painful (I used to ice my thighs!)  I am super happy with my results and highly recommend Dr. Michaels.

I may have had a few extra potholes along the way, but the journey has been good!   

• RNY- Christiana Institute of Advanced Surgery - Dr. Peters 8/09 
  • Medial Thigh lift & Brachioplasty - Dr. Macrea 7/2011  
  • LBL - Dr. Joseph Michaels (Sibley Memorial) 12/22/2011
  • Upper Body Lift with Mastoplexy - Dr. Joseph Michaels 12/20/2012

Felicia O'Connor
on 11/27/12 5:06 am - South Pasadena, CA
RNY on 02/09/09 with

All I want is a Tummy Tuck~I am hoping I get it next year~ I had a C section and it didnt help me, since i lost the weight, but I am still trying to lose more and will wait until i get to where I am ~

MrsLitch
on 11/27/12 8:33 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

I just found out yesterday I have a hernia that will need to be surgically repaired. I'll be 6 mo out next week. I have scheduled an appt. with a PS to discuss a panni (I had a tummy tuck years ago and don't want to do that again). I want to see if I can have both done at the same time. I am very early out so not sure what they will say but I am down 100 pounds today, by the time I get it scheduled (January) if my weight loss is like the past month I could be down another 10 pounds, or maybe not. I'm hoping they are willing to do it now and have one surgery or I may prolong the hernia repair for as long as I can to try and have both done later.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!