Question about vitamins

Roberta Murray
on 1/7/13 11:36 pm - Pittsburgh , PA

I have a question about vitamins.  ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page. I'm definitely not a newbie (7 years PO for my revision 15 years PO for my open VGB). I never used to be too worried about my vitamins,devil ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page. then I decided I should really pay attention (ok. ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page...I'll admit it, my PCP threatened me with Iron infusions). I take a multi, iron, calcium, zinc (don't ask, just something I like & I haven't had a cold/flu or serious sinus infection in 3 years  ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.), magnesium, fish oil & stool softener, folic acid and my monthly B12 injections. Is there an easier way  ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.oooooorrrrrr is there something else I should be taking? I was experiencing hair loss cool ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.(still am but not nearly as bad). I am on Synthroid, Protonix, Lipitor, Celebrex and Doxepin. I really hate the hair loss, besides the fact that it's thinning, leaving hair everywhere is a bit embarrassing.  ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page. Thought maybe someone had some suggestions, Thank in advance

Ciao 4 now,
    Berta
385(hw)/292(sw)/186(cw)/150(gw)

poet_kelly
on 1/8/13 12:32 am - OH

If your PCP was talking about iron infusions, I'm guessing your iron is pretty low?  That will cause hair loss.  Get the iron up and that ought to help.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

alicemenezes
on 1/8/13 6:06 pm

Deficiencies in the following vitamins and minerals are known to cause hair loss and unhealthy hair:

• vitamin A
  • vitamin B6
  • vitamin B12
  • beta-carotene
  • biotin
  • vitamin C
  • calcium
  • vitamin D
  • inositol
  • iodine
  • iron
  • magnesium
  • niacin
  • pantothenic acid
  • selenium
  • zinc

As you can see iron being one of them. Do test and check which it is exactly. Or just go with what your doctor suggests

scattebury
on 1/8/13 10:40 pm - MO
RNY on 01/23/13

Oh also you only have to take the Unjury brand once a day!

scattebury
on 1/8/13 10:55 pm - MO
RNY on 01/23/13

Okay I don't know where my original post went but I'll try again:   You should try Unjury brand of vitamins.  They are "China free".  Most companies that get their vitamins and minerals from China are found to have very little actual nutritional value.  Some can even be toxic.  Unjury specially formulates their vitamins specifically for band, sleeve or by pass patients.  (I don't work for them kiss).  And (as I said above) you only have to take them once a day)  They have iron in their vitamin already but you may also need more.  BUT you also need to know you can't take your calcium and iron at the same time (or within 2 hours of each other) since they will cancel each other out and you won't absorb either very well.  Also you should be taking your Synthroid apart from everything.  Synthroid won't be absorbed well if taken within 2 hours of food, medicine, and especially vitamins.  That can cause major hair loss!  I'm not a doctor but I am a nurse and my husband has Graves disease and is on Synthroid as well.  I hope this helps some.

Roberta Murray
on 1/12/13 10:40 pm - Pittsburgh , PA

Thank you, I knew that the Synthroid needs to be taken separately, esp no Calcium or Iron.  I also know that the Ca & Fe need to be taken separately (I'm a lab tech & it's amazing what you can learn by just running tests or researching some of the "send out tests") Just like you shouldn't take your Vit D or Vit B12 for 24 hours before having your levels drawn, otherwise the Dr is only seeing the vitamin you just ingested NOT how your body metabolizes or holds the vitamins. My Iron has dropped pretty low in the past & I have been borderline anemic for years..............the lowest is always when I have surgery. I will have to look into the Unjury, don't they also make a protein?

Again, thanks

Ciao 4 now,
    Berta
385(hw)/292(sw)/186(cw)/150(gw)

scattebury
on 1/12/13 11:40 pm - MO
RNY on 01/23/13
Oh I didn't know that about the b12 and D vitamins. Good to know! And yes Unjury makes protien. They make the medical grade kind they use for tube feedings and such too.