Shrimp ****tail Question

jamiebrain
on 1/18/13 8:04 am - Epping, NH
RNY on 08/14/12

So shrimp ****tail is one of my fave post-WLS foods.  So much protein packed into so few calories.  :)  However, everywhere I look it seems to tell me that 6 medium ****tail shrimp only equal out to approx. 35 calories.  Myfitnesspal, google, etc.  I'm looking for opinions/facts - is this really true??  I just can't believe it is true, although it would be nice if it is.  Thoughts everyone?

Thanks!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

jamiebrain on myfitnesspal.  :)  look me up.  :) :)

jamiebrain
on 1/18/13 8:09 am - Epping, NH
RNY on 08/14/12

And I can't believe they censored the word ****tail.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

jamiebrain on myfitnesspal.  :)  look me up.  :) :)

Stephanie M.
on 1/18/13 8:43 am, edited 1/18/13 8:44 am

Who censored?  3 oz shrimp meat = 80 to 90 calories.  To go by # of shrimp, you would have to know the # per lb.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Melissa Nicely
on 1/18/13 10:49 am - Chesapeake, OH
RNY on 05/06/13

Shrimp is low in calories, between 4 and 10 calories each depending on size and around 1 gram of protein each. Just be careful of the ****tail sauce. I know where I work at we make ours with a chili sauce or ketchup base so it's loaded with sugar, you just don't realize it because of all the horseradish and hot sauce that is added. A simple squeeze of lemon over the shrimp would be a good alternative, of if you like the heat just add a few splashes of hot sauce.

Most Active