Qsymia

Glynn7811
on 1/30/13 4:26 am

anyone taking qsymia now to maintain their weight?  or thinking about it. I'm wating on my phone call from the company now.

Hislady
on 1/30/13 6:22 am - Vancouver, WA

Never heard of it but after reading about it I wouldn't touch it with a  10 foot pole. Has some really serious side effects that I wouldn't want to deal with.

Valerie G.
on 1/30/13 6:22 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I never heard of it, but hopefully my DS will prevent me from having to ever turn to any other new fangled weight loss fads again.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

LVeronica
on 1/30/13 6:11 pm

Qysmia is not a weight loss fad, but a recently FDA approved drug to improve weight loss in people who are dieting.  The weight loss statistics are quite promising.  It is a combination of two generic medications Phentermine (an already approved weight loss medication) and Topiramate (an antiseizure medication that is also used for prevention of migraines).  I requires purchase at certified pharmacies because topiramate has been implicated in causing cleft lip and cleft palate if you get pregnant while on the medication (although topiramate alone and many other medications that cause fetal malformations are not subject to this additional regulation).  It is much less expensive to purchase generic Phentermine and Topiramate separately.  Like all drugs and all weight loss procedures there are risks and these should be reviewed before taking the medication.  I used Topiramate for many years for migraine prevention.  I am not aware of it affecting my weight, but it was great for migraines.   

M M
on 1/31/13 2:34 am

And that just rolled right off your tongue like you KNEW it.

It's like you are a human PDF!

As an epileptic patient on Topamax (what up big Pharma!) I wonder what my brain would do if I added Phentermine.

Twitch.