Any folks with MS?

LDG1970
on 2/3/13 10:24 am - Denver, CO
I was diagnosed almost two years ago but Drs said I have lesions in my head that are very old. So I have had it for longer. I am wondering if there are any other WLSers with MS who could offer support. I am struggling right now with lack of energy. I have been on adderrall for 11 days and it stopped working today. I am freaking out at what this can mean because the other meds have more side effects or my insurance doesn't cover them. What is your story? What meds are you on? Do they work? Etc.
Hoping to find support and give support to other folks with MS.
Lisha

ps Yes I do know of other ms forums but OH was such a huge part of my life during my weight loss and I received and gave so much support here that I thought I'd try for it again.

LBL 7/10/12 starting 310lbs/current154lbs/goal 150lbs (
normal138)

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/weight_loss.php?a=sg&t=waqydin

lilisasmith3
on 2/4/13 11:28 pm
RNY on 01/31/13

My name is Lisa and I was diagnosed with MS 7 yrs ago. I just had my RNY on 1/31/13 so i am super new. Fatigue was an issue for me before surgery. I am hoping that the further post op I get the better I will feel.  Right now I am just trying to focus on getting in my fluids and resting and recovering.

LDG1970
on 2/5/13 12:27 pm - Denver, CO
Wow Lisa! I can't imagine having my rny after my diagnosis. That is great that you were healthy enough to do that!! I did have a lower body lift 1 year after diagnosis and it went fine for a month and then I got a weird complication that gave me a staff infection that my ms dr thinks brought on my first exacerbation causing me not to walk for a month. I haven't been the same since and in December fatigue descended on me. I am now putting off having my arm lift and lipo of the thighs/or thigh lift. I am very sad because I was really planning on the arms/side boob area. They are pretty bad. But I am now focusing on my health and getting stronger. Although I don't feel like I will. It is different this time bc usually after a bout, of what I now know to be ms fatigue, I usually spring back to normal. But I am now on Adderrall 2 weeks tomorrow. We just upped the dosage again today. I have not been able to work since September when my legs went and my mind became cloudy on the anti-seizure med they put me on. I am now off of that med and clear headed but still unable to work. I was denied disability but I am reapplying with the help of an attorney. It is a tough case bc I have invisible symptoms: fatigue, impaired cognitive abilities, neuropathic pain. So I may very likely not get disability. We shall see. Take care of yourself. HOpe your recovery goes well. Keep me posted. Lisha

LBL 7/10/12 starting 310lbs/current154lbs/goal 150lbs (
normal138)

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/weight_loss.php?a=sg&t=waqydin

lilisasmith3
on 2/6/13 6:26 am
RNY on 01/31/13
I used Allsup.com to get my disability. They had it done within 6 months and I only had to give them 10% of my first check and they did all the work for me. I take Copaxone now. For fatigue I was using Provigil but my insurance doesn't cover it anymore. I am just really tired. Like even way more tired than MS tired. I am just trying to recuperate and heal now. I hope this doesn't bring about an exasperation.
Most Active