I have a quandry to ask

crw4bama
on 2/9/13 6:17 am - Chattanooga , TN
RNY on 06/13/12

I have a question that is going over and over in my head. I started this journey at 282, my dr says he thinks I will wind up somewhere between 160-170. I personally would like to get to 150 but my family thinks that I look ok now and does not want me to lose anymore weight, What would you do? I am 189 and in a size 8.

Valerie G.
on 2/9/13 6:45 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

A size 8 was my end-goal, so IMO you're perfect right now.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

crw4bama
on 2/9/13 7:02 pm - Chattanooga , TN
RNY on 06/13/12
Thanks so much
tipoftheiceberg
on 2/9/13 7:16 am

I find that when I focus on the number on the scale I end up sabotaging my success.  After being almost 11 years out; I look at my accomplishments.   I focus on what I have achieved ....my new goals and accomplishments that I continually readjust.  Such as: I can now go on the elliptical at a high incline and do 45 minutes at a high intensity.  I remember when I first started 15 minutes felt like a lifetime.  Now I can eat a quarter of a cup of ice cream and not eat  (or want) the entire gallon container. Yes, I am not going to tell you "I do not have fat days'....but these are viewed as a motivator and not as if I am a failure.  I am worth it.  My doctor too gave me a weight that was higher than I wanted.  I look at that weight as just a number and I use that as a guideline but I try to stay at or below it.  Yes there are times I am above it but so what....I lost 130 plus pounds.   My weight fluctuates depending on what I ate the day before or what time of the month it is. It is a journey....

crw4bama
on 2/9/13 7:01 pm - Chattanooga , TN
RNY on 06/13/12
Thanks so much for the advice. I took the scale out of the equation for the most part and try not to weigh unless I go to the dr
Kat1313
on 2/9/13 7:35 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

I think the number is not important.  What is important is how you feel, how your health is, can you do the physical things you set out to do?

crw4bama
on 2/9/13 6:58 pm - Chattanooga , TN
RNY on 06/13/12
Thanks so much. I feel 100 timesbetter and off all health related meds. I can aactually keep up with my kids now
southernlady5464
on 2/9/13 7:43 am

Go as LOW as your body will let you...bounce back is real and a WITCH!

Your family is use to seeing you fat...so yes, they will tell you that you look fine now but as you get a bit lower, they will start telling you that you look scrawny! Do NOT listen to them...just tell them you are working with your doctor on getting to a healthy weight.

As long as you maintain a BMI of over 18.5, you are NOT TOO SKINNY...you will feel it but things will redistribute further down the road.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

crw4bama
on 2/9/13 6:57 pm - Chattanooga , TN
RNY on 06/13/12
Thanks for the advice. I am gonna go ahead and shoot for 150. I will be 8 months out Thurs and have lost 93 so I think I can do it
sam1am
on 2/10/13 11:15 am

I totally agree with SouthernLady!

All the best!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1483 views