X-post: Who are you now that you have lost weight?

Miss Redd
on 2/17/13 9:55 pm - Lancashire, United Kingdom

Hello to all,

I have really been thinking about this subject, and it factors greatly into my life currently. The subject is about who you are now, since you have had weight loss surgery.

I have created a video to share my thoughts about this here.

I am coming to realize that I very much had my identity wrapped up in my size. Of course, this was not done on purpose, it's something that just happens over time I suppose. I was a "Big Girl" I was a "BBW", I was going to be the best big girl I could be!

I wore flashy clothes and was very animated. Because I did You Tube videos all the way through my weight loss, I have the ability to go back and actually SEE how I was projecting myself.

**For those interested, my original channel was Lacyanna, but I have moved to "LacyannaLivingNow". So-if you leave comments on the old channel. I won't be able to respond. Please feel free to link the original video and come to my new page to discuss if you happen to want to talk about an older video**

To be honest. I have not had the heart-until this past weekend to go back and star****ching some of them. But when I did, I was not as bothered as I thought I would be. More, I was intrigued at the way I looked and spoke and the confidence which came across in some ways, and the insecurities in other ways.

Since I lost the weight, as I say in my video-I turned slightly "beige" in my style. I've sort of become lost on what I look like and how I fit in. This weekend was one of the first times I started to feel a bit...for lack of better words "sassy" again. (Are you laughing at my word? LOL!).

Did you go crazy after you lost the weight? Did you start chasing boys/girls? Did you go underground? (I did!). In what ways are you now different, but you never expected?

Feel free to watch the video, as I go more in depth about my own experience. I also ask others to please jump in with their own experiences, as I think it would be a massive help to me and others too!!

Many thanks and have a lovely rest of the day!

Peace,

T

Pre Surgery 383 Surgery 359 Current 180

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

missysandy
on 2/17/13 11:45 pm - Oakfield, NY
RNY on 02/27/13

love your video you look awesome. did you have work done on your neck?when i lost i felt like i had a chicken neck lol.i had wls in 2000 at 346 got down to 200 felt great but after alot of health issuse i,m back up to 305 and having wls again .things in there .but at my smallest i was the same i got all kinds of praise wow you look great type things and i felt like i hide in my clothes most of the time .i did not recondise myself in mirrors at first lol but after 5 years small my mind ajusted and now a see myself and cant believe thats me big.as for the flirty thing i was fine but my husband of 29 years acted different he has never been a person to look at outside he loves me for me but he would say funny things like you  did not look this good when you went away before or he now tells me when i wear tight clothes i look good when i,m small he says just be comfortable lol but i cant wait to be small again for me i,m so lazy now i hate it .8 days left.

Miss Redd
on 2/18/13 12:38 am - Lancashire, United Kingdom

Hi MissySandy,

Thanks for your post. I also sent you a friend request. So first of all, much luck on your upcoming revision and quick healing!

It sounds like you have been through ALL the possible changes, and back again too. That must really cause stress on the mind and confidence for sure.

I have not had my neck done, nor anything else which could use it! LOL! I would LOVE to have a lower body lift and my arms done. I do see a bit of loose skin on my neck, but it's so minimal from what I thought it would be!!

Thanks for posting back and please stay in touch!

Peace,

T

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

crystal M.
on 2/18/13 7:41 am - Joliet, IL

Well I have been told my personality hasn't changed...I am still a silly, goofy. girl that acts like a big kid (attractive I know). 

What has changed...I groom myself a lot more.  I take care of myself a lot more.  Spend more time and money taking care of myself.  Let's see before I would have my hair in a pony tail most of the time.  Now I actually have a hairstyle and go in for a haircut on a regular basis.  I take the time to have a daily regimen now.  I wash my face and I put on moisturizer at night.  I shave (all over...TMI).  I spend more money on better shampoos and makeup now.  I feel like I take the time to eat right and exercise.  I want to reward myself with little luxuries like nice shampoo and department store makeup.  I no longer reward myself with food!!!

I also dress nicer and with clothes that actually fit.  I wouldn't say I dress like ****ty or even sexy.  But I my clothes are more form fitting now.. My jeans are snug.   I mean you can tell I have a shape now. 

As far as guys go.  Before I never dated.  I mean I figured why bother.  I do know that men are noticing me now.  Guys have come on to me...some really bad come on's too!!!  But there is one guy in particular I have my eye on that I can't seem to get up the courage to approach.  I just wish he would ask me out. 

But who I am on the inside is basically the same...but on the outside has changed completely!!!  I actually care about how I look now.

Miss Redd
on 2/19/13 1:34 am - Lancashire, United Kingdom

Hi Crystal!

Sounds to me like you are in a really good place! You are aware of the changes and you are ready to basically step out and see what it's all about.

I love what you said about caring about how you look and doing those little things to take care of you. I totally get that too. It used to be that most my spending money went to Make Up=because I could not find clothing or shoes to fit! Now I can go to nearly any shop and get an outfit. And if I am honest-I LOVE that I can get a bunch of inexpensive CUTE clothes for so little money! It used to be that there were NO shirts under 30 bucks for the size I was...32!

Happy for you and have FUN!

Peace,

T

NEW YOUTUBE Channel!

sam1am
on 2/19/13 7:21 am

I am the ME that I use to be before I gained all my weight.  I guess I was lucky a bit as I was really only obese for 4-5 years (which is bad enough).  In that time, I lost my self confidence both in work and social situations.  Not completely, outwardly people probably thought that I was outgoing because I was stubborn and put up a front, but I sure went down different street, aisles, etc . to avoid a conversation.  I was glad to have found me again!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1383 views