Just your average, run of the mill awesome day.

katikati
on 2/18/13 12:28 pm - Eads, TN
VSG on 02/06/13

Today was my first post-op appointment with my surgeon.  My day kicked off to a great start to find that I had lost four pounds since my weighing yesterday morning.  I've been losing anywhere from one to three pounds every day, so that one about knocked me over.  That being said, there's a reason I'm losing so much weight.  I'm drinking mostly water and managing an Isopure about every other day.  I'm really starting to feel my body beg for something more.  Not as in cravings, but as in just pure sustenance.  Two weeks is long enough.

My follow-up went great.  As much as I was beyond ready to have this drain removed, I was still dreading the actual removal.  I literally felt nothing.  No pain, not even the weird feeling some people talk about.  I wouldn't have even known he was pulling a foot and a half of tubing out of my belly had I not seen his hands doing it out of the corner of my eye.  I felt so silly for asking my Mom to hold my hand for that.  xD

He cleared me to move to Phase 2, which is full liquids, and to start my vitamins.  I had decided I wanted to try Premier Protein, as I've heard so many people say they like it.  Part of me could not wait to start drinking something else, as I could barely stomach the Isopure for another day, but I was also afraid that I wouldn't like it and would have trouble finding one I did.  Now, please understand me, I know how to make myself just drink something anyway when I don't like it, but my new sleeve has done a number on me.  If it makes me feel icky one time, then it's like my body starts rejecting it before I even try to drink it again.  The nausea starts at the mere thought of drinking it.  My sleeve really is picky.  I think I'm going to have to find a prissy name for it, like Lola, or something.  Only the best for her, apparently.  Anyway, I digress.  I just finally opened up the chocolate Premier and... *angels singing*  I love it.  It's the first flavored thing I've tasted since surgery that I didn't have to just tolerate.  I'm actually enjoying it.  It tastes almost identical to Ensure, which I've always liked, oddly enough.  I'm so grateful in this moment.  I can totally do two weeks of this.

I drove for the first time today since my surgery, and even though I've lost 32 pounds, I am just not feeling it in my clothes yet.  I wasn't really expecting to feel any different behind the wheel, but lo and behold, I could totally see and feel the difference.  My stomach still touches the bottom of the wheel, but just barely.  It's not pressed against it and with the wheel rubbing against it while I drive.  I guess that's my first NSV!

JJ_
on 2/18/13 6:00 pm

YAY!  Congrats on your great post-op appointment.  I too love the Premier Protein shakes.  Congrats on your steering wheel fit NSV.  I bet soon you will have to move the seat forward as there will be TOO MUCH ROOM.  LOL

Keep doing what you are doing.

Judy

Most Active