Medicaid criteria for Panniculectomy WA State, Help please!

Billie Jo C.
on 2/22/13 11:37 am, edited 2/22/13 4:01 pm - Spokane, WA

( I've posted this in WA message board and Plastics no responses) Hi, I was approved for medically necessary RNY almost 2 years ago. I am seeking any information for the criteria or guidelines for Medicaid/DSHS in Washington State to obtain a panniculectomy. I have called them directly and no one knows what they are doing or the wait time to speak with someone is outrageous....its very frustrating!!! If anyone has any "detailed information" on the process please let me know. I am scheduled to see a Dr at Rock wood clinic here is Spokane Wa and would like to make sure I can help in the approval process. Thank you in advanced for all responses. ( emails are welcome with any and all information pertaining to this topic) [email protected]

-Billie Jo

norahs_here
on 2/22/13 12:22 pm

URGENT?!  smdh

~~Never regret something that once made you smile~~

Sharon  (norah's spelled backwards!)
Billie Jo C.
on 2/22/13 12:51 pm - Spokane, WA

smdh?

Billie Jo C.
on 2/22/13 3:58 pm - Spokane, WA

I've posted on other places in the forums and have yet to obtain any information. I've also combed the internet the best I could. I posted it as urgent due to my appointment this up coming week. I would like to help my Dr in any way I can as to not put all the load on his shoulders. If I can acquire pertinent information to help, then yes to me it is urgent. Thank you for the information!

-Billie

Billie Jo C.
on 2/23/13 3:41 pm, edited 2/23/13 3:42 pm - Spokane, WA

I understand your feelings towards people who collect state medical. I work and pay into my tax Dollars with all due respect. I'm what you call the Washington state experiment for the up and coming health plan. Things are changing, and so they should. I risked posting here on the boards because of people who lack the knowledge of who should and shouldn't be receiving state funded medical. If the funding for other frivolous spending by our government wasn't spent on unnecessary wars and bank bailouts then its citizens would be properly taken care of. Most companies are hiring part time workers so they can escape paying benefits for their employees....keeping there costs low and leaving people in poor health and no means to care for themselves. I'm suffering from a medical condition that needs treatment, if it was for cosmetic purposes I wouldn't have had to ask. I'm not trying to disrespect anyone I was seeking information.  

So on a lighter note...

My medical conditions are; chronic brake down of the skin and yeast infection. The skin is tearing and not healing. Its painful and the skin will not close.  

Again, I mean not disrespect in any way but its nice to know where your tax dollars are really going and why they are really being cut.

Sincerely

-Billie Jo

Billie Jo C.
on 2/23/13 4:38 pm - Spokane, WA

I apologize if you thought I was lecturing you, that was not my intent. Your "facts" were kind of irrelevant to the topic but, that's just my opinion. We could have skipped the facts and went right to your questions.... I Thank you for your time, I have been contacted through E-Mail and received the information I was seeking.  

Sincerely

-Billie Jo

Mary Catherine
on 2/22/13 2:53 pm

The usual requirements are that you saw a doctor whenever you had rashes and that the skin hang past the pubic area,

Billie Jo C.
on 2/22/13 3:59 pm - Spokane, WA

Thank you Dove for your information it is much appreciated.

Most Active