For anyone who is 5 months out Gastric Bypass

michaela67
on 3/2/13 6:53 am

I had gastic bypass one month ago. I know its still early for me to complain about the eating. My question is how is at 5 months out is it better can you eat more then 3 shrimp in one meal. I guess Im having a bad day getting a little depressed .

karenp8
on 3/2/13 7:48 am - Brighton, IL

It gets much better the farther out you get. I am six months out and can eat somewhere between 3/4 c and 1 cup of food at a meal. A lot depends on what I am eating. Just hang in there and know that it gets easier.

Karen8268
on 3/2/13 9:31 am - NH
RNY on 10/02/12
I am 5 months out today. I have a small pouch and can still only eat between 1/4 and 1/2 cup of food at a time. That would probably mean 4 jumbo shrimp would fill me alone. No veggies or sides. I have absolutely no intolerances to any food, just a little pouch. I eat 5-6x a day almost always protein. I just go with it instead of "wishing" I could eat more. Why? Because eating more got me to 292 lb and on the operating table for for RNY!! I am much happier 5 months later at 177

BezoarGirl
on 3/3/13 4:06 am - WA

I am 6 months out and when I eat shrimp I can eat about 3-4 pieces.  For other protein I eat about 3-4 oz. and found beef is harder on my pouch so I stay mostly to fish , chicken and turkey.  My dr. still has us do protein shakes so this is what my normal day looks like. He also has us make protein shakes with only 4 oz of water.  He is a dr. more on the strict side too.  I also live in the Pac NW part of the US so we do have a nice assortment of fresh fish offered at most stores.  My lunch and snack times vary depending on my work day.

Breakfast 6 am 4 oz of protein shake.

Snack 9:30- 10:30  4 oz protein shake

Lunch-  Noon-1:00  turkey lunch meat on a large leaf lettuce with just a bit of grainy mustard with  1 slice of tomato, pepperocini's, and a cucumber. Then rolled up, many days I only eat about 3/4 of that. If you have concerns of salt the pepperocini's may not be for  you.

Snack 4 oz  around 3:00 pm of protein shake

Dinner- fish or chicken 3-4 oz with normally a small amount of edamame ( this has some protein and fiber)

for fish I do crab, tuna ( fresh) or shrimp or a salmon burger with no bun.   

I mix it up on the weekend for variety but find I like knowing what I am going to eat.  I also made a white bean and can tuna salad w/ olive oil and onion last week. That was really good.  I strive for a  a little bit of avocado once or twice a week.

The other night we went out to dinner with some friends for my husband's birthday.  He wanted to go to the Claim Jumper. I thought oh, good grief! But I checked out the menu ahead of time and found a Seared Ahi Spiniach Salad that I ordered with the dressing on the side. ( I didn't use it) and asked for a to go box right away. I put half in at the start and ate about all tuna that was left and only half the spinach. 

When I was 1 month out I was still on a liquid and soft food diet.  I didn't get to start eating shrimp until almost 12 weeks.

Sounds like you are emotional hungry too.  This may be a good time to talk to someone about it. 

RNY 8/29/12       5' 9" tall

stella01
on 3/3/13 6:30 pm - MD

Hi,

Most generally, the stomach avoid diet has four stages to help you convenience back into consuming food. How easily you shift from one step to the next relies on how fast your body cures and adapts to the modify in consuming styles. You can usually start consuming frequent meals with a stronger structure about three months after surgery treatment.

thanks

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1347 views