Two weeks post-op RNY, abdominal pain

chickenoregg
on 3/11/13 11:47 pm - Portland, OR
RNY on 02/26/13
So I've been going along fine, recovering as expected, until yesterday. I just felt crummy. Realized I hadn't had a bm Ina few days, took MoM in the afternoon.
Felt too crummy to eat dinner, kept trying to drink.

Have had a stomach ache all night, bad enough that I have not been able to sleep. Its now 6:45am. Just below my stomach, high in my abdomin.

I've tried using the toilet, just a little gas, no luck.

Could this be constipation?

I will be contacting my surgeons office when they open in a few hours, but I'm so uncomfortable and miserable.

Surgery (RNY) scheduled for Feb 26, 2013

Janet H.
on 3/12/13 7:09 am - Golden Valley, AZ

With this surgery it is a very good ideal to keep track of you BM's  it is very easy to get backed up, and is not good for you.

when you have any type of pain, always call you DR. Don't wait. it could be something that needs his att. 

Good luck with you journey.

Success begins with wise choices I make,I will not let noncompliance be my mistake, The surgery I had was to assist me in changes. My compliance is for a success long range, So I will think before I decide to cheat. Remember the goals I want to meet. For this surgery is not something I was force to do It was what I wanted for a healthy life!       

alicemenezes
on 3/14/13 11:11 pm

Well, the best you can do is wait for your surgeon. Sorry to hear that.

Bariatric Surgery | obesity weight loss surgery

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1300 views