Advocare 24 day challenge - 5 and 1/2 years post op!

Kris R.
on 3/19/13 5:32 am - Reynoldsburg, OH
I am joining my family in an Advocare Challenge. I currently weigh around 150(my official weigh-in as Monday). At my highest, I weigh almost 280 before surgery. I am looking to lose a few pounds but am more excited about focusing on the energy and better eating habits that I feel need to be introduced into my daily life. Has anyone tried this? I am interested in replies - Good Bad or Ugly. We start the challenge on Monday and I promise to share my experience: Good, Bad or Ugly.

MrsLitch
on 3/19/13 6:57 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

I tried advocare prior to my rny. I can't imagine ever using it again. I'm sure clean post op eating would get you much further than this program and I'd have to worry about meeting your post op requirements using their supplements.

With the 24 day challenge you should get two containers of Spark. Spark has no sugar it's true but it also has NO protein has 45 calories that you are drinking along with 11g of carbs. Plus caffeine.

The omega and herbal cleanse are just fancy packaging for things that can be bought at the drug store far cheaper. Besides many of the ingredients in those products, senna, fiber, and flaxseed oil are just going to clean you out "reducing weight".

The protein shake has 24 g of protein but it also has 24g of carbs and 12g of sugar which could make a person dump. There are far superior shakes out there with good protein amounts and not near as many carbs or sugar and they cost far less.

Also they will give you the max 3 or C or E. You should already be taking the asmbs recommended  daily dose of vitamins. Adding these to what you are taking if your labs are running where they should could elevate certain vitamins which can be as dangerous as if they are running low.

I would check with my surgeon or pcp who has knowledge of the RNY before starting this or any weightloss program out there that has supplements.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Kim S.
on 3/19/13 7:14 am - Helena, AL

I do not do fad diets, so I have no personal experience.  However, I know several people (non-WLS and WLS) that have done it.  Over and over again.....

Does that tell you anything? 

My opinion.......it is just another fad diet meant to extort money from innocent people desperate to lose weight.  Please use your tool and follow the rules of your surgery..........and most importantly, become a regular exerciser (if you aren't already).

Nell R.
on 3/19/13 11:02 am - Hewitt, TX
My gym sells advocare products, I'm about the only one that hasn't used them. Pretty much everyone that I know that did the 24 day challenge did not keep the weight off when they were done, couple did but too me it's just another expensive gimmick. Good luck to ya!!

Kris R.
on 3/19/13 10:41 pm - Reynoldsburg, OH
Thanks guys! I am just looking for a boost and to help support my fiance'. Bottom line, I have lost and maintained a 130 pound weightoss from my RNY and daily choices. I exercise and try to make good decisions. I will give it a shot and see. I have nothing to lose. Thanks for your insights. To our success!

deniseg
on 3/22/16 2:30 am - Monticello, AR

I had my RNY 8 yrs ago and had a 110lb loss.  Since my hysterectomy 6 yrs ago I have slowly gained 30lbs back.  My brother has had tremendous results with Advocare and was getting his business off the ground so I jumped in and started the program.  I will say I've not had much of a weight loss, but I've lost nearly 15 inches from my waist and hips while using the products.  I love the Spark, it doesn't have any negative effects on me and it definitely gives me an energy boost...I usually only drink one a day, in the mornings, unless I'm working graveyard shift and then I'll drink 2 a day.  I can tell a huge difference in my energy levels when I'm not taking any products...I go from 60 to zero, lol.  I don't use their MRS, I drink Shakeology, but it's purely a personal taste choice.  One of the biggest positives since starting with Advocare is I've gone back to planning and prepping my meals in advance...and I'm talking healthy well-balanced meals and snacks and nothing bu****er to drink.  I feel better now than I have in a couple of years and that's worth it to me!  It's not a diet...it's a life-style change similar to what we learned after surgery.  I found myself going back to old habits...Advocare has given me the boost I needed to get back on track  One word of caution though...there are a lot of pills so take your time when taking them, I can't take more than 2 at a time and there are ways to customize your plan...the "basic" plan doesn't work for everybody but there's room to play around with it and find what works best for you.  We have an amazing support group on Facebook, a couple of them actually, with lots of advice and recipes and motivation.  It's a private group so if you want the info send me a message on here, or facebook (Denise Garcia).  Good luck to you!

DENISE          
Day of surgery weight/BMI:  246/44.9
Goal weight:  135
Current weight/BMI135/24.6---GOAL!!!!!!!!!
Total pounds lost:  111

Most Active