How was your Easter eating?

Kris R.
on 3/31/13 11:55 pm - Reynoldsburg, OH
Hello friends! I had a huge struggle trying to stay on task yesterday. Candy, candy and more candy! I stayed on task and did not stray off my eating plan at all. How did y'all do? Happy April.

Jackie McGee
on 4/1/13 12:05 am - PA

Great!

We went out to eat on Saturday - I had Bourbon St. chicken and shrimp with garlic mashed potatoes and an ice water at Applebee's.

Yesterday, I had a small piece of grilled chicken, 1/2 a banana and a piece of cake for dinner.

The only candy I had all weekend was late last night and I had some tiny little Cadbury eggs - a handful.

Proud mama of Mischa and Gabriel, both born post-op.

A. Kondrlik
on 4/1/13 2:03 am
VSG on 01/24/13

I cooked a huge meal for the extended family.  but managed to stay on plan.

Not a bite of candy!It was kind of comical when several family members looked at my tiny plate of food and  they said "thats about how much i usually eat."  meanwhile after stuffing themselves they all had stomachaches

The sad one was my cousin who had the band telling me "I eat as much as I want and I don't care, I eat till I throw up" Not a criticism of the band just amazing how some just don't get that WLS is a tool and you have to do the work.

She was surprised that i never have thrown up (I am a sleever) I told her I am just really careful. that is when she made the remarks above,.

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

lillypond...
on 4/1/13 4:06 am
I did good, did not buy any Easter candy- I am 3 years out and I still dumped on too much sugar-- so I decided I did not want to dump ( hate it) so I just stay away from the candy
MyLady Heidi
on 4/1/13 4:49 am

I have the flu, so even drinking water is a struggle.  I didn't even get to try one piece of chocolate as I had no desire to eat whatsoever.  My mil made me some mac and cheese, it could of been anything, if I closed my eyes I had no idea what it really was since I have no sense of smell or taste right now.  It sucked.

Gina 21 Years Out
on 4/1/13 7:59 am - Burleson, TX

Poor HEIDI-hope you feel better real soon..sometimes being sick is a mixed blessing (like yesterday, for you!)..

At the beginning of December I had prayed to God to help me not go "ape crazy" with extra eating, etc because I just SO did not want to gain any holiday weight. I wound up with an intestinal infection, that lasted thru New Year's...food was the LAST thing I have 2 hoots about...Thank You, Lord..I should have been a bit more specific in my prayer request, though!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Gina 21 Years Out
on 4/1/13 8:06 am - Burleson, TX

I actually did quite well--especially considering what a fabulous cook my son's future MIL is. I won't tell y'all what all she cooked-no sense in sending anyone over the edge (you might dump by READING the menu!). She asked me to bring "healthy snack", so I brought fresh hummus and cut veggies. I ate that, along with ham, as my protein and cthen chose corn casserole as my carb (from about 20 carb dishes I COULD have chosen!). One lady brought a "Diabetic" turtle cheesecake, but it tasted TOO good, so I went REAL easy on it, and had no "after" results...

I bought those pre-packaged/firmly sealed Easter eggs, so I wasn't tempted to eat the candy, and didn't have any leftovers--well worth a little extra $$, and the kids seemed to like them..

All in all..I was proud of myself...but still find it SO hard to brag on myself..Thank you for giving me this opportunity to recognize my efforts

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Laura in Texas
on 4/1/13 8:57 am

I enjoyed my day with my extended family. I ate a ton and that's OK. One day of overeating did not make me obese. Back on track today.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."