6 days post

okiebug68
on 4/7/13 9:23 am - OK
Ok, I am 6 days post and I feel full. Still on the clear liquids. I need to start vitamins, any suggestions? How bout getting past the smell of food it makes me "think" I am starving but I know I am not
tipoftheiceberg
on 4/7/13 4:25 pm

Follow the diet that your surgeon suggested.   Enjoy this "honeymoon" phase where you are not hungry and are indifferent to food.  Slowly reintroduce foods as per your liquid/pureed diet.  Do not force yourself to take in more than you can tolerate.   Remember you are only a few days out of surgery your "gut" needs some TLC.   You do not need to pu****slow down and gradually take in more.  But be gentle and take it easy.  If you can only get in 2 oz. at a time so be it.  Keeping a journal or log maybe helpful so you have an accurate account of all your fluids and nutrition. Taking your vitamin supplements should be done regardless of your appetite.  It is very important.  Your doctor may have suggested chewable varieties which will be easier to take and be absorbed.  I am so excited for you.  It is an amazing weight loss .....

Most Active