Urinary track infection what can I take or drink???

michaela67
on 4/6/13 9:48 am

Cranberry juice has alot of sugar and I dont eat yogurt any suggestions???

hollykim
on 4/6/13 10:04 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

Anything you usually drink that is sugar free,broth,tea,hot or co;ld,etc.. GL

MarthaMyDear
on 4/6/13 10:34 am - PA
RNY on 04/09/13
I don't know but it seems almost everything now days has come in low sugar I don't know if cranberry juice comes that way or not. Hope you are feeling better!
Melissa Nicely
on 4/6/13 10:42 am - Chesapeake, OH
RNY on 05/06/13

They actually make concentrated cranberry tablets that do the same thing as drinking a bunch of cranberry juice. I have seen them before at CVS. You might want to look.

crystal M.
on 4/6/13 11:53 am - Joliet, IL

The UTI I had took 4 rounds of antibiotics before it went away.  I was in pain 24/7 for 3 months....I was given vicodin but I didn't want to take that...it makes me feel like a zombie.  Anyway, my point is why aren't you going to the doctor?  Maybe if had gone to the doctor right away when the symptoms first occurred I wouldn't have gone through such an ordeal to get rid of it. 

Raine
on 4/7/13 3:59 am - Anoka, MN

You'll have to get antibiotics to get rid of the infection - get rid of it now before it goes to your kidneys. Then find sugar free or low sugar cranberry juice. There are tablets you can take also but you'll need the antibiotics to get rid of it - the juice will just make your urine more acidic so the bacteria can't grow. Call your doc - we have special needs regarding antibiotics after surgery. Some we don't absorb, some don't work and others we have to get in chewable form. It's do-able just make sure your doc knows you're a gastric bypass patient. I usually have to tell them what I can take and what will work for me. Good luck to you  -call the doc today.

Jen 11 yrs post op RNY

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1399 views