Opening to Stomach

michaela67
on 4/8/13 1:00 pm

Can they widen the opening to the stomach is you request?? How is this done?? I am 9weeks post opt and I cant eat  any meats its driving me crazy. I am tired of suffering every night with that stuck feeling in my chest  and spending hours trying to throw up.  I eat slow, I eat small pieces but I can eat chicken, red meat and pasta.  My surgeon says at this point I should have no restrictions he also mentioned going for an endoscopy.  I am getting real tired of this starting to regret my decision I am waking up in the morning with my ribs hurting from forcing myself to be sick

MrsLitch
on 4/8/13 1:34 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
Are you cleared for pasta? Seems early to try anything but protein.
Go get the endoscopy make sure no stricture.
You shouldn't be forcing yourself to be sick, try eating a bit less, measure the food. Chew, chew chew and if you feel sick lay on your left side for a bit. If it feels stuck try some papaya enzyme

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Mary Catherine
on 4/8/13 1:43 pm
I ate my first meat at about four months out. For a long time would eat a 1 by 1 inch piece of meat for a meal. Doctors start post-ops on solids much sooner now.

Just because the doctor says you are ready for something does not mean your body will agree. Do not eat things that make you vomit. Stick to protein shakes if you can drink them. Your body will heal at its own speed. Relax and enjoy watching your weight fall off. You have enough fat and protein stores to last for a long time.

One day you will be able to eat a full meal again and will miss this early stage when very little food is needed.
missysandy
on 4/8/13 11:05 pm - Oakfield, NY
RNY on 02/27/13

i have to have a balloon streach the bottom of the opening cause the whole food wont come out right.but im a revision i had wls in 2000 and i was never able to eat pasta right i always would throw it up.that might be your case

michaela67
on 4/9/13 3:19 am

Thanks for the advice spoke to doctor because food has been stuck in my chest since last night its now 120pm  the next day and Im still not able to eat or drink i have to throw it  up.  Going  to have endoscopy to see whats going on I will keep you updated

Most Active