5yrs, need help getting back on track

rena27
on 4/8/13 10:58 pm - TX

I am 5yrs out and i am not were i want to be, although i have maintained my weight for the last past 4 yrs i need to loose about 50lbs more.....Please help to encourage me to get back on track. i get bored with the same food choices but yet i love to cook.

Please help me!!!!!!!

LadyLilMax
on 4/8/13 11:52 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!

Honey, if you made it for 4 years then you Can get those pesky last 50 lbs off.  

Go back to your plan.  Protein 60-80 gms a day or whatever your dietician recommended for you.  Eat your protein first.  Eat 3 meals a day of high protein, good carbs(fruits and veggies).  Use protein shakes to get all your protein in.  Get the water in everyday and walk or do some form of exercise. 

Goodness, go look at bariatricfoodie.com, theworldaccordingtoeggface.com, and a slug of others for great recipes if you like to cook.  Check out the WLS for dummies cookbook for more ideas.  HungryGirl.com has some good recipes.  Just google or bing WLS recipes and a ton of blogs and etc come up.

YOU can do this if you WANT it.  You have to WANT it for it to happen.  

God bless and good luck.

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

rena27
on 4/9/13 9:33 pm - TX

thanks for the encouragement ant i will be on those websites again....

Kat2013
on 4/11/13 9:19 am - KY

I'm new at the Site and i just want to thank you for all the great information you just provided, My surgery date is in two weeks and what you have shared will prove to be a great resource for me I'm sure.

Citizen Kim
on 4/9/13 4:42 am - Castle Rock, CO
Member Services
on 4/9/13 2:16 am - Irvine, CA

May we also suggest this group Back On Track Together.

Diminishing Dawn
on 4/9/13 9:49 am - Windsor, Canada

Come over to my facebook group if you'd like

"Bariatric Long-Timers".  Lots of nice folks. We have an accountabilty group as well

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Member Services
on 4/12/13 2:54 am - Irvine, CA

Congratulations on your weight loss and keeping it off for so long.  By asking for help that is the first step to help.  You need to get back to the basics.  One at a time, if you go cold turkey you won't be able to stay with it.  Get back to what worked for you before.  Journaling, tracking what you eat, check in with your surgeon and move.

Here is a group that may help also.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/backontracktogether/welcome /

Good luck!

Regards,

Member Services

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1356 views