Embarassing question for the ladies....

Jodi77
on 5/7/13 3:24 pm - Scarborough, Canada
RNY on 02/05/13

I know I'm not drinking enough, and I'm really trying to but my pee reeks!  Actually I feel like everything is "icky".  Like there's just something going on down there.  Not nice!  Any suggestions?

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” 
 Dr. Seuss

Orientation: March 2012      Blah Blah Blah     Surgery:  February 5, 2013

smallisland
on 5/7/13 3:40 pm - Canada
VSG on 10/30/13

I would go to the doctor...you could have a infection.  If you're sugars are low it can give your urine a funny smell.

Referral Feb 2012, Orientation at Guelph Nov. 29/12, RN, SW and NUT Feb. 13/12, 2nd RN, SW and NUT April 26/13, Dr. Agarwal May 7/13, SW May 22/13. HW 334lbs, CW 269 lbs. Post-op nutrition course August 1/13, Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Sept 9/13, PATTS Oct 9/13, Opti Oct 16/13, Surgery Oct 30/13.

Sara L.
on 5/8/13 3:53 am

You can buy ketone testing sticks at any drugstore; if it's ketones in your urine causing the odor they will register on the test strip.

If your urine is very dark, then it will have a very strong smell simply because it's concentrated. That's a hydration issue. If you're getting the amount of water you're supposed to drink and it has a strong odor (but it isn't dark), or you feel pain in bladder or lower back or burning when you urinate, you probably have a urinary tract infection and your doctor can fix that very quickly.

Most Active