Pre-op Diet?

MadsMommy
on 4/19/13 12:34 pm
VSG on 05/20/13

With my program I'm doing 2 weeks pre op diet and we have to use Unjury.

My Father in law is going with a different hospital and he says he only has to do a 1 week pre-op diet and can use protein shakes from Costco... I've never heard of this?

MrsLitch
on 4/19/13 1:37 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
Every doc is different some don't have any preop. My doc included a tub of their protein ppwder in the plan cost that wasn't covered by ins but we could have any that fit their min. Requirements

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

JaneJetson60
on 4/19/13 1:58 pm
RNY on 05/07/12

Sure, lots of people have different shakes and can eat and drink different things.    All I had to do was stay away from pasta, rice, bread and potatoes.  I ate chicken, beef, veggies, salads, milk and yogurt.  24 hour liquid diet and nothing to eat or drink after midnight.  All surgeons are different and have different protocols.  Same with what post-op. Everyone has a different format their surgeon has to follow.. It's not a one-fit-all surgery as far as pre-op and post-op. So yes, father-in-law gets to have shakes from Costco.  I heard they are pretty darn good too.  Jane

JJ_
on 4/19/13 11:48 pm

I had to do three weeks of Optifast 900.  Then nothing by mouth by midnight before surgery day.

Judy

Most Active