5 day pouch test

free4ever
on 4/20/13 2:53 am - Elizabeth City, NC

I am desperately looking for ideas to get back on track, I am thinking of trying the 5 day pouch test but cannot find anything about how to do it?  I had bypass surgery in 09 and have since gained about 40lbs and feel like a complete failure.  I am super sugar sensitive and do not eat sugar or high carbs, I don't drink soda or eat any starches, fruit juice or even fruit except a few occasional strawberries since they are low in natural sugar.  I am very physically active but have not had alot of time for the gym.  I need help, I have also looked in to the surgery stomaphyx?  anyone know about that?  I just wanna feel good again..

poet_kelly
on 4/20/13 3:24 am - OH

It's a five day fad diet in which you have only liquids for the first couple days and then eat a very limited range of foods the next three days.  I don't see how it helps anyone get back on track, unless the track they want to get on is the fad dieting track.  But you want to get back on track eating what you're supposed to be eating for life, right?

Just go back to what your meal plan was supposed to be a year post op and do that.

As far as stomaphyx, I've heard it's not very effective, which is why insurance usually won't cover it.  But has your surgeon told you your stoma is stretched?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Gina 21 Years Out
on 4/20/13 10:19 am - Burleson, TX

I really wish the 5 day pouch "TEST" hgad another name. It gets a bad rap. IMHO, because it gets miscontsrued info, as it gets passed from person to person, and has many misconceptions, from its original intention....

MY experience with the 5dpt:

It is NOT NOT NOT intended for weight loss, though you may see that as a often TEMPORARY benefit (like when you had "water weight loss" that million times when you started a new diet, back in the old days)

It DOES help give you a "re-set" point..like a "retrain the brain"..much as in "On Monday, April 22nd I will stop smoking"...You know you can do ANYTHING for a day..then 2 days..etc...

Does the pouch actually "shrink"??? Self fulfilling phophecy..if you THINK something happens, then it DOES..I swear I feel fuller by day 3, and my carb cravings are back under control. I have done the 5dpt probably 4-5 times, over the years. Originally it was the catalyst to get me started on the rod to losing a 60 pound regain. There are lots of recipes on the 5dpt website, and there is even a book, but I never cook the soups, etc..I am NOT a cook...I just did the shakes...

NOT NOT NOT judging....but..pleasde re-read your own post..and be totally honest, with YOURSELF..you don't have to share with anyone else, if you don't care to...How many "excuses" do you see there? You say what you "aren't eating, but what "are" you eating? Are you doing any meal planning? What about grazing?

For ME, I did not need Stomaphyx, or any other kind of gut revision-I needed a BRAIN revision..

It takes LOTS of courage to post what you did. Please now take the next brave step, and continue to follow through, and allow us to be part of it..

Godspeed,

Gina

RNY 4-22-02

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

M M
on 4/20/13 10:59 am

No.  No.  No.

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/13 7:19 am

YES!  What Gina writes.  It is a great way to get off white carbs.  Go for it!

It is not a diet, it is not a fad diet.  Diets are longer than 5 days, this is five days.  It's very effective.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1352 views