OmG Gas

michaela67
on 4/21/13 9:25 pm

Had Fresh Brocolli on Thursday and I have the worst gas!!! I even got kicked out of the bedroom last night.  I have been eating GasX since yesterday morning. I am not in any pain but I cant control the gas any suggestions??? Is this common with the gastro bypass

dahoodman
on 4/21/13 10:27 pm - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

Common with RNY and some foods. Broccoli is one of those foods. Search the net or ask your nutritionist for lists of gassy and non-gassy foods.

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/22/13 1:44 am

Yeap. Beans, veggies, soy, nuts, extra fat, too many carbs, SA, and so on... and some days it is just because....

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

buggirl44
on 4/22/13 2:01 am

does the gas issue ever go away?  does it lessen with time?

I am out 4 1/2 months.  It has been bad but is getting better slightly so thought maybe it will get better with time.

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/22/13 2:11 am

5 years out... not really... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Laura in Texas
on 4/22/13 4:07 am

Honestly, I do not have a problem with gas. I'm 4.5 years out from RNY. Maybe 2-3 times a year and it is completely within my control (when I go completely sugar crazy, I have an issue).

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

MyLady Heidi
on 4/22/13 11:53 pm

Just wait until the fresh strawberries are out and you go pick them and eat them as you drive home and then once you arrive you are asked to leave because of the smell of the gas or you go lie down to die because of the stomach ache from the gas.  Some fresh fruit and veggies are iffy at best, sometimes I deal, most times I avoid them.  Thankfully my beloved lemons don't bother me, otherwise I would be lost.

Mary Catherine
on 4/22/13 2:52 am

Gas wants to get out.  It rises up in the intestines trying to find a way out.  It gets stinky as it rises up toward your head.  When the intestines fill up with it then it finally pushes out through the anus.  That is a relief and also a source of stinky odors and embarrassing noises. 

You can let it out without it the noise or smell.

Lean over until your head is lower than your buttocks.  The bottom of the rectum will now be the highest point on your body and the gas will rush out there.  You will have no noise, no smell, and won't even feel it happening.  When you straighten up again, the gas will be gone.

dahoodman
on 4/22/13 3:44 am - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

I'm trying to figure out which is more embarrassing at work: Bending over and kissing my own a$$, or letting it rip! 

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

Mary Catherine
on 4/22/13 4:08 am

Kissing your own a$$ will not get your head low enough.  Your head needs to be at the level of about your knees.  I make believe that I need to tie my shoes or adjust my socks.  Much less embarrassing than perfuming the air with skunk odors.  This only takes a few seconds and gets rid of all that gas.