Had Endo for Stricture

michaela67
on 4/25/13 9:28 pm

Well what I thought could be a stricture ended up being an ulcer right at the opening to my stomach that is the reason my food was getting stuck in my chest.  So I am on liquid medicine for 10 days.  Anyone else suffer with ulcers after gastric bypass?? I am 10weeks post opt

dahoodman
on 4/26/13 12:55 am - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

You should post this on the RNY specific board. You may get more replies.

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

kateyeburger
on 4/30/13 1:03 am - mineral ridge, OH

yes i developed one in the old stomach 5 days post op and one in the pouch about 4 years post op. take prilosec 2x a day and sometimes use carafate. if used regularly in conjuction with each other, the doc says it can heal and be cured. hasn't happened yes. stress is the worst cause of flare ups. feel better and God bless.

hukunamatata

' HE  WHO  HESITATES  IS  LUNCH'
dahoodman
on 4/30/13 3:54 am, edited 4/30/13 3:54 am - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

Hey [kateyburger] replied to my post rather than yours so I figured if I replied and pasted it in you would be more likely to see it:

yes i developed one in the old stomach 5 days post op and one in the pouch about 4 years post op. take prilosec 2x a day and sometimes use carafate. if used regularly in conjuction with each other, the doc says it can heal and be cured. hasn't happened yes. stress is the worst cause of flare ups. feel better and God bless.

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week