Theme Parks!

csmiles83
on 4/30/13 4:56 am - PA
VSG on 05/28/13

I am having surgery on 5/28/13.  I am anxious to know will I be able to ride roller coasters this summer.  I know I would have to wait a while.  But, does anyone know how long.  I am going to ask surgeon on next visit, but that is not going to be for a while.

stlfocus
on 4/30/13 1:37 pm - IA

I had surgery in September and went to Walt Disneyworld in January with absolutely no problem.

dahoodman
on 4/30/13 10:28 pm, edited 4/30/13 10:28 pm - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

I would think that you should be ready by late August. Your surgeon should be able to tell you. That was one of the first questions I asked mine when I got my date. "Will I be able to ride the coasters by the end of June?" I have a trip planned to Cedar Point and hopefully I will be down enough to get on Top Thrill Dragster, Millennium Force, and the new Gate Keeper. Last summer I could just barely fit on all the rest of their coasters, but not these three.

Best of luck to you!!!!

Edit: Just noticed you are having VSG so that recovery may be different. It may be sooner or later than RNY I have no idea. Post your question on the VSG board and I'm sure someone will reply quickly.

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

Crabadams72
on 4/30/13 11:08 pm - Silver Spring, MD
I'm also going to Cedar Point in June. Whoooo hooooo!

I had VSG. As I recall you should be fine by 6-8 weeks out. My issue around that time was low energy and you will need to stay hydrated, which can be tricky in an amusement park.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

sunny_disposition
on 5/3/13 4:01 am - Miami, FL
VSG on 01/28/13

I had my surgery late January.  I informed my doctor before that I had a trip to Orlando in late February for my birthday.  He said I would be good-to-go on whatever ride I wanted to go on, even though I would only be a month out.

Granted, the trip wound up not happening, because I was afraid I wouldn't fit.  But, I was cleared by a doctor to ride! (And you can bet I'm riding everything when I go next time...in ten days!)

Most Active