Watermelon

michaela67
on 5/4/13 10:04 am

Anyone have any problems with Watermelon???

IansMom
on 5/4/13 11:06 am - CA

No. Use to not like it - now I like it. I have a problem with hard boiled eggs - which I loved. Go figure.

My "tube" fills quickly and gets tight - bu****ermelon seems to be just fine. (??)

Best of luck.

IansMom
on 5/4/13 11:06 am - CA

Stupid filter, re-write "however, watermelon..."

hollykim
on 5/4/13 12:00 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

The only problem I have with it is I can eat a LOT. It is so full of liquid that by the time it is chewed it goes right thru the sleeve like a liquid. it also has 10 grams of sugar per cup and only one gram of fiber and no protein.

GL

Deckeriv
on 5/4/13 11:40 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

Nut said it's a no-no. High sugar and no value.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

poet_kelly
on 5/5/13 12:56 am - OH

I don't think ten grams of sugar per cup (and it's all fructose, no added sugar) is bad.  One cup of skim milk has 12 grams of sugar.

It has lots of vitamin C, a good bit of vitamin A, a little bit of fiber and even one gram of protein.  It just annoys me when people say foods have no value when they actually do.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Deckeriv
on 5/5/13 1:24 am - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

It annoys you? Sorry. I should have been more clear. It has no value to a weight loss patient.

When you have limited capacity, and you use that for foods without sufficient protein vesus volume and that food reigns toward the top of the glycemic index, it has no value to a weight loss diet. Skim milk has 10% of your daily need in protein, watermelon less than 1%.  The sugars in skim milk rank 32 on the glycemic index and watermelon sugars rank 72. That affects insulin production greatly and hence hunger.

Fiber? .56g per cup when you need 25g a day. If you are taking your vitamins there isn't a need to turn to watermelon to bring in vitamins.

If you have unlimited capacity, everything has some value. I agree. But we don't have unlimited capacity.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

MsBatt
on 5/5/13 8:32 am

I have a terrible problem with watermelon.

At 9+ years out, my sleeve STILL can't hold as much watermelon as my mouth wants to eat. (*grin*)

It's 94% water---enjoy as much of it as you like.

Hvfaith
on 5/5/13 12:32 pm - St Albert, Canada

I love it, but i have to be very careful. If I eat it with something else (ie: like a couple pieces after most of my dinner) I am fine, but if I was to eat, say 1/2 cup without anything else I will dump really bad.  In fact I did that this weekend, it was really hot out and I thought yum, this is delish, so refreshing, I had 2 thin slices, I'd guess 3/4 of a cup, got the shakes, had to lay down for  while.  NOT worth it, even if I do love it. ruined the rest of my day.   but if you can tolerate it, it is pretty yummy.  Are you having problems with it?

HW: 360 lbs; 1st Clinic Weighin: 343.7 lbs; SW: 318 lbs; LW 221lbs; Regain 256lbs  

martitalinda
on 5/5/13 11:18 pm

I can only have a very small amount of watermelon even when I love it ... Very small like a quarter of a cup ... I usually put a couple of small cubes of watermelon in my blender with a scoop of protein, ice and add water to have an awesome protein drink after a morning or afternoon run ... I also do this with small slivers of half of a banana and drink it after running as I find it hard to eat any solids immediately after running.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1402 views