My updated journey (cation a little long)

Wheels07
on 5/6/13 3:19 am - San Diego, CA

Hello all I just wanted to post something here about my journey.  Had my RNY in 11/07 did great lost about 150lbs I went from about 360 to 190 I took my vitamins and exercise and did everything that I was asked to do to keep my weight off.  Well here I am six years out and at during that time had some things go on in my life and noticed that I as okay drinking beer but not soda so what did I do DRINK BEER (not good), well after a few beer it was getting easier to drink more and more soon I was drinking on the weekends at least a case of beer every weekend and eating whatever I wanted.  I was not exercising and not taking my vitamins and basically just going to work coming home having a beer and eating and watching TV last year I had a gull bladder attack and they took it out and they gave me pain pills (again not good) well beer and pain pills not a good combo I went to get on the scale and wow 240 again all the cloths that I had purchased did not fit my new road bike could not carry me everything not looking very good and after all that we go through for our surgery for not.

So what have I done to get back on track first went to see my GP in January he did blood test and said my iron was low and gave me iron and vitamin C to take and that made me do a 190 degree turn in my life started to not drink so much (still have a beer or two once in a month but nothing like before) slowly I started to lose weight and started to ride my mountain bike to work round trip is 25 miles with some hills, I have two jobs one with the Gov a sit down job some moderate walking the other is a job that has me walk about 5 miles a day (I work as a usher for a sports team) and on the weekends I try and ride at least 30 to 50 miles every Saturday even if I work at the stadium this weekend I am going to ride a century (I hope to make it J) also more protein less fat I have three boys in the house 19 to 17 so junk food is very prevalent in our house and I am doing okay not eating any that is not health for me.  I have to think to myself and say self I have tasted all that before you know what it taste like and do you really want to do that now that you are fitting in your cloths and riding like before? 

Now I say to myself NO I am feeling great looking better and doing what I want down to 209 I want to get to 200 and stay at the weight and ride more, people at work are saying you are too skinny and stop losing weight and giving me stuff to eat when I don’t want it.  I know that they are not trying to sabotage my weight loss they just don’t understand what we are going through I am 6’ 5” and do look at little thin but feel better.  So for all of you that are doing the weight loss I know first hand how hard this is I am a weak person when it comes to diet and fight tooth and nail not do diet so if I could do it I know you all can too.  Pleas we worked so hard to get to a better place in our life, diet is a dirty word for me but I know it the right word I need to know that and live that I can’t rely on other people to watch what I eat or do only I can do it and I know tomorrow is a different day and different attitude after working at the stadium I get home late around 11 PM and get to work at 6 AM so sleep during the season is limited but with Gods help and self motivation I know I can do it and so can you to all of you like me that are having difficulties please stick with it you can and will be able to do it. 

Well guys enough rants and raves have a very great week and hope your weight loss surgery is very successful and no bums are in your future.  God bless you all on your journey

MarthaMyDear
on 5/6/13 5:14 am - PA
RNY on 04/09/13
Thanks for sharing from your heart. I have heard that is so easy to take our addiction of food and use something else in its place. Thanks for reminding me about this hazard. Only had my WLS on 4/9/13 still new and concern about getting another addiction started I could see that happening to me to me with my personality. God bless you on your journey.