*XPOST* Something feels stuck...and it hurts.

ktharp89
on 5/6/13 11:50 am - Gaithersburg, MD

Whenever I eat today I feel like the food won't go down right and it gets stuck right under my throat. It feels like the food painfully goes down. It hurts so bad and I haven't felt like this. I had surgery over two years ago and I've never felt this way so I don't know what's wrong. I feel like I have to drink to make the food go down. I try to take tiny bites and it still does it. ANY THOUGHTS PLEASE?

Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Jennifer Birch
on 5/6/13 11:55 am - St. Cloud, FL
I haven't had surgery yet but I get that same feeling often because of heartburn.
smallisland
on 5/6/13 2:54 pm - Canada
VSG on 10/30/13

I am pre-op but i find this happens when my mouth is too dry to swallow the food.  Not sure if this is the case for you or not....I have heartburn as well and that could be it.  

Referral Feb 2012, Orientation at Guelph Nov. 29/12, RN, SW and NUT Feb. 13/12, 2nd RN, SW and NUT April 26/13, Dr. Agarwal May 7/13, SW May 22/13. HW 334lbs, CW 269 lbs. Post-op nutrition course August 1/13, Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Sept 9/13, PATTS Oct 9/13, Opti Oct 16/13, Surgery Oct 30/13.

Jackie McGee
on 5/6/13 5:26 pm - PA

Whenever this happens to me, I find that sipping hot tea or warm water helps move things along. Also, remaining in an upright position until the pain passes helps, too. 

Proud mama of Mischa and Gabriel, both born post-op.

SarahI
on 5/6/13 8:21 pm - Indian River, MI
VSG on 03/04/13

I would go see your doctor.  It could be a hernia, or severe heartburn.  Any way you look at it, it needs to be addressed by a professional.  You should never feel uncomfortable eating even just a little bit.  Good luck to you and i hope you feel better!

SARAH

Most Active