OVER 12 YEARS OUT AND YES DREAMS CAN COME TRUE!!!

ga_ginger_10
on 5/7/13 8:03 am - Atlanta, GA

Hello, 

Over 12 years ago I had RNY surgery. I thought losing all the weight was my "Big" accomplishment! But I have realized that was just the beginning of a long journey for me!

This Saturday, May 11, 2013 I will be graduating from nursing school. I could have never accomplished this weighting 400 lbs. 

I have always wanted to be a RN and now I am!!! I will be able to care for people who walk in the same shoes I used to walk in!! It warms my heart to know I will be able to make a difference in other peoples lives and also be able to help them with their journey!!

Thank you God for guiding me along the way! Telling me everything would be ok, when I cried! And showing me there can be a much better life for me!

I am so blessed!!! I want to tell everyone....

NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS!!! NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!!! ALWAYS BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!! YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU SET YOUR MIND TO!!!

HUGS, 

Ginger;-D

Open RNY 3/27/01  400 lbs - 170lb.  Please visit my blog at www.gingerrock.blogspot.comYou can also find me on facebook www.facebook.com/GingerRock and Twitter www.twitter.com/GingerRock 
~Ginger~ 

mom2threeboyz
on 5/7/13 8:50 am - Colorado Springs, CO

congratulations!!!! I am pursuing my dream of becoming an RN also.  I am just doing pre reqs right now.  I am hoping to get my surgery in July.  You are truly an inspiration!

ga_ginger_10
on 5/7/13 9:41 am - Atlanta, GA

I am proof that anyone can do it! I started my pre-requisites January 2010 and I am graduating at 52 years old!!! It is never to late for dreams to come true!!!

Good luck with your surgery and your dreams of being an RN!

Hugs, 

Ginger

Open RNY 3/27/01  400 lbs - 170lb.  Please visit my blog at www.gingerrock.blogspot.comYou can also find me on facebook www.facebook.com/GingerRock and Twitter www.twitter.com/GingerRock 
~Ginger~ 

suzie12345
on 5/7/13 9:50 am

Congrats on both your RN and keeping the weight off !

MarthaMyDear
on 5/7/13 11:34 am - PA
RNY on 04/09/13

You don't look 52 years young!!  Yes dreams do come true. Congratulations!! for both your wt loss and becoming an RN!!  I hope you sail right thru your state boards.

Linda B.
on 5/7/13 4:43 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Congratulations enjoy that special walk.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

VSG on 06/12/13

You go, girl! Congrats!

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

martitalinda
on 5/7/13 10:14 pm

WOOT!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! What awesome news to read during Nurses' Week.... CONGRATS!!! keep going too... it takes a special person to be a NIGHTINGALE!!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

MyLady Heidi
on 5/8/13 1:27 am

Congratulations!  Enjoy your new career!

ga_ginger_10
on 5/8/13 6:21 am - Atlanta, GA

Thanks everyone!!!

~Ginger~ 

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1276 views