i don't think i can do this!

Mph05mph06
on 5/25/13 6:18 am
6days down on the liquid diet and being the cook in the house makes this so hard. I just want to throw in the towel. I don't know if I can make it another week. I'm feeling depressed. I just wish I could do this on my own!
Melissa Nicely
on 5/25/13 6:34 am - Chesapeake, OH
RNY on 05/06/13

You can do this. Look at how far you have come already. It's only another week till your surgery. Keep up the great work. I had to cook dinner when I did mine too and I still do even though I am on liquids still post op. It's hard, so hard but what you gain in the long run will be worth putting up with some discomfort right now.

poet_kelly
on 5/25/13 6:45 am - OH

Who do you have to cook for?  Can they cook for themselves for one week?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mph05mph06
on 5/25/13 6:54 am
On May 25, 2013 at 1:45 PM Pacific Time, poet_kelly wrote:

Who do you have to cook for?  Can they cook for themselves for one week?

My husband and four young kids ages 2-6... Hubby works long hours and couldn't com if his life depended on it. I am having a hard time exepting havibg only liquids... And this is just the beginning. I'm hungry, but the head hunger is what's really getting to me. I want buffalo wings and Chinese food... Sigh...
Mph05mph06
on 5/25/13 6:55 am
Cook, lol... He can't cook...
JaneJetson60
on 5/25/13 7:49 am
RNY on 05/07/12

How sad that a grown man is not willing to cook.  Cooking is not a gender situation, cooking and eating is a vital importance to live.   I understand there are lots of people that work long hard hours but you do what it takes to take care of your family. Order in, let them go for pizza or anywhere for dinner.  Good, lord, T.V. dinners if nothing else.  No one is going to starve.  Cook food in the crockpot.  Have him put it on the counter for you after surgery and ask everyone to give suggestions of something really easy they all like. They can help put a roast on with veggies and have some packaged salad and applesauce to serve along with it.  I know you are smart and creative because I love to bake but hate cooking even though I am a good cook.  Hubbie loves to cook always has.  You NEED to join us on the loser's bench dammit!!!!!  Please know you can get through this!!! If you were strong enough to make the decision for surgery, you will make it. The Godmother is speaking here!  You do have an offer you can't refuse and that's being lucky enough to have this surgery.  Jane

JaneJetson60
on 5/25/13 7:34 am
RNY on 05/07/12

You need to understand, that even after surgery you may not be in ANY shape to cook.   You need to recover and everyone is going to have to pitch in.  I understand if there are little ones, but they are extremely easy and happy with the simplest of things and I am sure you have a microwave so let everyone do for themselves.  If you pitch in the towel now, then I can only tell you this may be the easy part for you compared to after surgery.  No intent to scare you, but it's a fact.  Not everyone bounces back on their feet right away or they may have cpmplications, so then what do you do?  If you have to stay in the hospital they will be taking care of themselves anyway.  I wish you the best of luck and hang in there.  Cooking for a family is not even the most important thing in the grand scheme of your future.  Jane

pdtmd501
on 5/25/13 12:05 pm

Go to the start page and look at the before and after pictures....find your inspiration and that place you'll go back to when you need it most. 

You CAN do this and you WILL.  DON'T GIVE UP, YOUR LIFE---THE ONE YOU WERE MEANT TO HAVE IS WAITING FOR YOU.

SURGERY WITH DR. PLEATMAN--05/30/13       

HW:303    SW: 299   GW:  180

Oxford Comma Hag
on 5/25/13 12:39 pm
It's tough now but it gets better. My husband works long hours too, but he kept himself and our daughter fed while I recovered not only from RnY, but also from a gallbladder removal and a hysterectomy. You may have to ask your husband for help. He may be so accustomed to your competence that it doesn't occur to him to help or just how much you actually do.
Take care.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Bibi723
on 5/25/13 2:45 pm - IL
RNY on 11/20/13

I am still pre op . If i may suggest grilling on his day off her can grill a weeks worth of food make some simple sides ( mash potato, minute rice, baked potato. a few frozen bags of veggies all they need is a quick steam. put half in the fridge and the other half freeze u can take out the night b4 and let it thaw in the fridge next day just microwave or just take it out the freezer and put it in the oven on low heat  home made tv dinners very easy its what i do every summer so i don't have to be in the kitchen over a hot stove but outside enjoying the weather. Also use the crock pot u can make full meals in one pot dont even need to tend to it place the stuff in and just let it do its thing. you can make all kinds of meals send me a msg if you need any ideas ..Best of luck !!!

Bibi

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1399 views