Skin

CHRISTY1632
on 5/22/13 2:24 pm - AUBURN, GA

Here is one thing that I was curious about...the lose skin...how bad is it after weight loss?  Is it everywhere or mainly in the stomach area?  This scares me but it is not going to prevent me from having surgery. 

Oxford Comma Hag
on 5/22/13 2:48 pm
It depends on how much you have to lose, age, genetics, etc. I started at 314. I have a small pannus. My arms are floppy. I have a little extra skin high up on my inner thighs.
All in all, I feel pretty lucky. I might get plastics. If I do my breasts have priority because they are still large and I have back pain. But really, I am so much happier with floppy wrinkly skin than I was when it was filled with fat.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

(deactivated member)
on 5/22/13 4:19 pm
On May 22, 2013 at 9:24 PM Pacific Time, CHRISTY1632 wrote:

Here is one thing that I was curious about...the lose skin...how bad is it after weight loss?  Is it everywhere or mainly in the stomach area?  This scares me but it is not going to prevent me from having surgery. 

Everyone is different.  Depends on where you carry your weight and where YOU will have extra skin.

katiekat412
on 5/22/13 8:38 pm
Yep. Totally depends on where you have the most weight, genetics, how many times you've gained and lost weight, age, if you smoke....but...you will have extra weight.
Chances are unless you are dead set on a bikini or booty shorts no one will stare and wonder. It's always better than the weight.

I had plastics in Mexico and never regretted it!

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

Laura in Texas
on 5/22/13 10:51 pm

From all my years in the bariatric community I'd guess 80% of us have enough loose skin to warrant plastics. Many just live with it, but many of us have plastics to get rid of it. Mentally I could not handle the extra skin and had it removed.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1389 views