Happy Surgiversary to ME!

Elizabeth O.
on 6/4/13 2:07 am - nashville, TN

·         Today is a very special day for me. Today is my surgiversary. Six years ago this morning, I took the first step into the rest of my life. I had weight loss surgery, more specifically, Gastric Bypass – RNY. I have lost ½ of my original weight! While I have put on 25-30 pounds this year, which is all I have put back on. I am grateful to my surgeon, Dr. Dyer, and my host of friends who have been there through thick and thin. I am most grateful to my FAMILY – without them, I would never had made it this far.

I am often asked if I would do this again or if I have any regrets. The answer is YES! My only regret is not exercising after surgery, and not keeping it up when I did start after plastics. Quite frankly, I would not be alive today – ready to celebrate my big 5 0 if were not for this surgery. I am more confident in my skin then before, I have a job that I love, and I am ALIVE to see my husband follow his dream and watch my son grow into the young man he is today. I thank God for each and every day now – knowing that they are truly a gift from God!

With all of this said and done – I love my life – my own personal roller coaster, the ups and downs that being healthy bring me – wouldn’t trade it for the world!

HAPPY SURGIVERSARY to ME!

F.R.O.G.  -  Fully Rely on God!  For He IS GOOD!  

http://www.youravon.com/elizabethoneal

The_girl_next_door
on 6/4/13 5:04 am
Awesome story! Thanks for sharing! And congrats on your success!
Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 6/4/13 6:14 am - Belleville, IL

Congrats! My only "regret" was not getting it done sooner! Enjoy your day and reflect within of "why" you chose this step in the first place (WLS) that often can renew us to follow the healthy eating path and lose any "regain" weight.

Warmly,

Jackie

Member Services
on 6/4/13 6:19 am - Irvine, CA

PattiD13
on 6/4/13 11:19 am - Marion, VA

Congratulations!