60 pds gained

nikki050
on 6/16/13 8:06 am - Milwaukee, WI
Gastric Bypass in April 2009 with a revision surgery in April 2012. Tried prescribed medication, Phetermine. Still carrying that 60 pounds that I've gained back.

I have been sober from alcohol from 3 months ...eating habits are all over the place I feel like I've lost my way to losing weight while trying to stay committed. I get in horrible phases of doing very well eating and exercising and then stop. It's very hard on me to go through all this and still have no success.

I have a very tough time eating fruits or veggies. I vomit and therefore, I stick to foods that are easier on me but those choices are not good. I drink high protein insures because it is the only protein drink that I tolerate for taste. It has 210 Calories too many.

I was just at my Surgeon's office and was put on weight loss pill, Phetermine. It was not a good pill for me because it caused me to not sleep.

I'm at my witts end with failed attempts to eat healthy and exercise.

I'm not looking for a miracle but some much needed tips, advice, and support.

Nikki
MadlyInLovewithChees
e

on 6/16/13 8:36 am
VSG on 11/25/13 with

are you still under your initial weight? 

have you tried journaling?  sometimes i think i haven't eaten much that day but when i write it all out i actually have!  therapy can also be really good, since with a lot of us, there is an underlying reason as to why we overeat.

nikki050
on 6/16/13 9:48 am - Milwaukee, WI
I was 390 and now I'm 260 pounds. I was at 200. I'm very happy that I'm not back to 390 pds again but disappointed in myself that I've slipped back into the old same habits.

Thank you for suggesting the journal. I was using myfitnesspal.com and I will resume doing that again tomorrow.

I got a lot of stuff going on from depression, anxiety, insomnia etc. In which, I am under care of a doctor for.

All I can do is move forward and keep trying.
Devilwearspaula
on 6/16/13 10:31 am - MA
VSG on 11/19/13

Good for you! You should be proud of yourself!! I'm sure this happens to everyone, don't get discouraged! I was on weigh****chers and never lost more than 30 pounds, and now I gained it all back have have stayed the same. Good luck :D

MadlyInLovewithChees
e

on 6/16/13 11:56 am
VSG on 11/25/13 with
That's great!! You didn't regain it all- it won't be as hard as the first time!

My Fitness Pal is a great way to stay honest. Plus tons of ppl on here do it too so u can add friends to give u a kick in the ass when needed
momma_dee
on 6/17/13 12:26 am

Congrats on being sober! That is an awesome accomplishment and one that should not be diminished for any reason. I agree that it is very hard to stay on a diet plan when you don't see results. We want an instant gold star or at least something positive for the hard work. You have the knowledge to do what you need to, because you have already done it. I know you said that you are under a dr's care for anxiety, have you had a recent blood workup type check up? Also most meds for anxiety and depression have the unfortunate side affect of weight gain. Even at my heaviest which was over 400 pounds, my health was wonderful. However, my dr started me on metformin. She said that although my blood sugar readings were great my body was working overtime producing insulin and that was making it hard to lose weight. I was drinking protein shakes and folowing "the plan" to the letter and still couldn't lose weight until I started the Metformin. Stay positive and keep moving. You CAN do this.

Most Active