Confession.....weight gain

huskerfan85
on 6/16/13 11:25 am - Colorado Springs, CO

I had my surgery in 2007, did great, never really got to the weight goal, but did get to the size goal.  Well in 2010 I had foot surgery which kept me on crutches for a month, and in a walking cast for another month so I did not go to the gym that summer, and I was not careful with my eating.  In September of that same year I lost my job and again was not going to the gym or being careful with my eating.  Long story short in three years I gained 60 pounds.  I am not offering any excuses for why I gained it, just coming here to post it publicly to help myself get back on track.  I have taken control of my life again, and have been exercising again, trying to get back to where I was.  I am also tracking my eating so that I know what goes into my mouth, no more mindless eating.

If you feel the need to bash go ahead, I am sure you can not tell me anything I have not already told myself......If you feel the need to offer support by all means, I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks for listening.

Gayle  6'2" 

VSG on 06/12/13

You can do this. You have done it before, and you know what it takes. Welcome back.

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

MadlyInLovewithChees
e

on 6/16/13 11:54 am
VSG on 11/25/13 with
Exactly what the pp said- the beauty of your sitch is you know 100% you can do it because you've already done it before!!! Stay on here and keep us updated- we'll support you!
JJ_
on 6/16/13 12:04 pm

Congrats on getting back to it.  This is a lifetime of watching what we eat.  The best part is that is when you follow the rules, you are sated.

Good luck with your continued journey.

Judy

Leesa219
on 6/16/13 2:31 pm - Ramsay, MI

I think alot of people have gained after surgery.  Its a constant work in progress.  Just take it 1 day at a time.I gained some and just recently lost more. Go YOU...

Devilwearspaula
on 6/16/13 2:59 pm - MA
VSG on 11/19/13

You can do it! I hope no one would bash you for this! I'm sorry you went through all of that. It takes courage to post something like this, so much respect for you. Good luck!!

martitalinda
on 6/16/13 11:37 pm

GOOD TO SEE YOU POSTING AGAIN.... No bashing here ... I would do the same if I were in your shoes ... come back and get back on track just like you have done ...

YOU GOT THIS!!!! I love what you wrote and I quote it ... I will keep those words in mind for me should I ever have to do the same...

"I have taken control of my life again, and have been exercising again, trying to get back to where I was.  I am also tracking my eating so that I know what goes into my mouth, no more mindless eating."

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

mollypitcher08
on 6/17/13 1:43 am

I had my surgery in 2008.  I have gain 75# back of the 206# I lost.  I did it by not doing all of those things you yourself are trying to re-do.  We aren't stupid, just creatures of habits.  Bad ones .  I started to get back on track by going back to my bariatric center and admitting that I had a problem.  It was hard to do but I feel better and they are there to help.

You are (and I am) our own worst enemies. I am trying and you are too.  One step at a time.  Not everyone gets it 100% right the first time around.    Thank you for posting, too.  That in itself takes courage.  No one likes to admit defeat but most everyone likes to see themselves successful.  You will be too.

No bashing here.  Just love and support and hopes that you get your life together soon.  I am trying myself too.  Let's hope we can do this.  We can if we let ourselves.  Take good care.  Molly

Linda_S
on 6/17/13 2:04 am - Eugene, OR

I think most of us, especially with RNY, regain some over the years.  I put back on almost 30 pounds and then came back down to "only" a 20-pound gain.  I've recently begun to lose a little more and hope I'll be back in my guts' good graces soon.

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

JenniPenny
on 6/17/13 8:41 am - MN

No bashing here - Congratulations for taking control once again. It's hard to do. Watching what you're eating and exercising again is the way to go. Your tool is in place forever and will help you get to your new goal. Hang in there and thanks for posting.

Jen 11+ yrs post op RNY