Yesterday was my weight loss surgery anniversary date.

Nancy M.
on 6/22/13 8:48 am - Mt. Jackson, VA

Several years ago today I had the surgery that has changed my life so much for the better. I had gastric bypass surgery on June 21, 2004 and another surgery on June 23, 2004 to correct a minor complication. My top weight was 320 lbs and I am near the goal they set for me back then of l86 lbs. My only regret is that I wasn't more aggressive during my weight loss period to get more of the weight off even though the doctors and the nutritionist all told me 186 was a reasonable goal for me. I went from a tight size 28 to a 16. Some styles I can even fit into a 14. I haven't been on this site for quite a while. Today I received a really nice e-mail from the site's founder wishing me a happy wls anniversary.

Lap RNY 6-21-04
310/185/145 ?
Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
Live it to the fullest.
martitalinda
on 6/22/13 9:08 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! it is great to see someone so far out doing so well ... it is very inspiring.  I love love love the OH anniversary reminders too.  Best wishes for many more surgery anniversaries ... WLS is an awesome life changer for the better indeed.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

kksnewsong
on 6/22/13 9:54 am
RNY on 06/06/13
Congrats Nancy! So good to see someone get down and stay! I know many that haven't and I plan on maintaining when I get mine off! Continued victory to you!
ellipsisdream
on 6/22/13 11:07 pm

Congratulations! It is so wonderful to hear of long term success- especially as one who is only beginning her journey... best to you in your healthy future.

Patm
on 6/23/13 12:19 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Ispiring to hear from someone 9 years out and still doing well. Thanks for sharing

sleevegirl
on 6/23/13 5:28 am - Austin, TX

So amazing, 9 years and success... congrats to you... enjoy it!

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Most Active