Diarrhea

Marti P.
on 6/25/13 11:32 am - San Jose, CA

Not funny I know.  I got a Realize Band almost 5 years ago (8/4/08).  Ever since 5/3/13 I have been bothered by diarrhea. My blood and "stools" were tested preparatory to having a TT and nothing was found to be wrong.  The surgery has been postponed until an answer can be found.  At first I thought I was allergic to Truvia, since that was the only new thing I had added to my food program.  It's been two weeks since I eliminated that from my daily use and nothing has changed.  I am still eating the same basic foods I ate almost five years ago.

Has this happened to anyone else?  Thanks for any input you can give.

Marti in San Jose

cheynne03
on 6/25/13 11:54 pm - West Monroe, LA
I have had my band for 5 years and for the last couple of years I have found that if I allow more fat into my diet I get explosive diarrhea. I just recently had all but 2 ccs removed from my band and so far, that is one of the best things that has occurred from it, my bm's are normal now. I ran the gambit before from constipated to diarrhea. So far I am normal again.

Theresa
Marti P.
on 6/26/13 10:55 am - San Jose, CA

Well Theresa that's certainly a thought about fat.  As a self-confessed "weirdo", I've been tracking my food and exercise on Sparkpeople religiously for the last five years.  I think it would tell me if I was using too much fat, but I'll keep an eye on it.  Thank you for the fresh idea!

~Marti

Hislady
on 6/26/13 7:37 am - Vancouver, WA

Perhaps you've developed lactose intolerance, it happens to some of us even years out. Try lactaid tablets with dairy and see if that helps any. Then there is always c diff but I would think they tested for that.

Marti P.
on 6/26/13 8:20 am - San Jose, CA

Thanks for the thought.  I learned that one pretty quick almost 5 years ago and switched to soy.  Don't know what to think.  The band doctors aren't returning my calls, maybe I'm a weird one, but the diarrhea has got to stop.  After two months, it's getting real old. ~Marti

Valerie G.
on 7/1/13 9:02 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Not having any bypassing done, you're not particularly prone to it, however it's not out of the question that your intestinal bacteria can be inbalanced.  Try first enjoying a big bottle of kefir, followed by a daily dose of greek yogurt.  I usually see improvement the next 36 hours.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Marti P.
on 7/1/13 9:24 am - San Jose, CA

Thank you so much for the suggestion.  Guess I will need to search out where to find kefir.  I eat at least a half cup of regular yogurt every day.  Since the temp is 91 right now, I'll wait til tomorrow to implement your suggestions.

Marti in San Jose

Valerie G.
on 7/1/13 9:38 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

At Walmart, you'll find it on the top shelves near the yogurt, or at other stores, you may find it with the organic Hippie stuff.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Marti P.
on 7/1/13 9:50 am - San Jose, CA

That is just terrific, I do my monthly shopping there on Wednesday morning, though for this, I don't think I want to wait even one day, I am so tired of this diarrhea!

Marti P.
on 7/4/13 4:56 pm - San Jose, CA

Valerie,  I think the kefir and Greek yogurt did not work.  The very next day after you wrote, I went out and bought the things you mentioned.  Alas, I still have the problem.  It did not abate.  If you have any other ideas, please let me know.

Marti

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1399 views