Diarrhea

mkvand
on 7/4/13 7:33 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

It can take a couple of weeks for the probiotics in yogurt and kefir to work, so I'd keep trying it.  It could also be a new food intolerance.  The best way to check is an elimination diet, where you eliminate the foods most likely to cause problems and see if it helps, then add them back one at a time to see which cause symptoms.

Marti P.
on 7/5/13 4:25 am - San Jose, CA

I am a little unclear about what you are saying because I was given to understand by a woman's doctor that the yogurt and kefir would definitely be a help if I had  experienced an infection recently (and been on antibiotics).  So I bought the kefir and 9 containers of the Greek yogurt (expensive compared to the other yogurt) and nothing changed. 

With regard to a new food intolerance did you mean to something I have been consuming all along or something I had recently eaten?  I have pretty eaten the same foods for the last five years, albeit in different configurations.  The only thing I had started new and consumed more of was this sugar substitute, Truvia.  Once I realized that might be the problem, about three weeks ago, I eliminated that from my diet and still the diarrhea persists.

Since I am paranoid about "losing" my band, (I've called the doc's assistant and not gotten much of a response), I'm going to let this diarrhea problem persist until my next checkup around August 4th.

Thank you very much for writing.  I appreciate your input!

Marti

Most Active