Time

stephaniesjourney
on 6/28/13 11:40 am

Time is killin' me....and I know its only the beginning.  I'm still working through all my pre-insurance submittal stuff and the wait is just killin' me.  I've got two things left....my support group meeting (whichi s on the 6th....) and my two part psych evaluation....which part one is July 23rd and the second is Aug 6th.  I talked with the Drs office today and they'll submit the insurance request shortly after my August 6th appt....so I should at least have my "path" set out by the end of August.  Just seems like that's forever away.  I know in the scheme of life (and this process) its not....but I just have sooo many questions and won't know answers until my insurance is submitted.  I think that process gives me the most anxiety (like sooo many others right lol)  According to my insurance company (United Healthcare) I don't need the supervised diet, just 5 years of documented morbid obesity......it seems pretty straight forward but I keep reading posts here about all the challenges of working through the insurance process....kudos to those of you that have made it so far.....does anyone have an easy time of it??  that it really is spelled out and the insurance comapnay means what they say ???? lol  I'm a cynical and just keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.  The drs office thought that (in a best case scenario) I could be all done with EVERYTHING by the end of September...Its all good....just wishing that i had some concrete answers....right now everything is so intangible.... :)   

wishing you all a great weekend!! 

Stephanie

Kaliri
on 6/28/13 2:46 pm
I know it may seem like an eternity before anything gets done but it will be here before you know it. Always remember whatever 'you think' be it negative or positive that's what will be given to you. Try your best to 'claim' a speedy process with every loose end tied and every T crossed and I promise...that's what you'll get!

VSG on 06/12/13
Stephanie, you and I have the same employer plan. You won't need the supervised diet. Do you have a copy of the contract document? If so, that is the rules they are playing by. They won't change up on you.

If you meet each of the line items in your document, you will qualify!! Please don't stress!

If they are submitting in August, then trust your doc's statement about September. Once I got all my hurdles cleared they could have scheduled me for as soon as about 2 weeks out. I delayed because of a work project a needed to finish.

It'll be ok, for real.

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1389 views