What do you suggest for weightloss kick start, Will be 3 yrs in Oct.

moving-on
on 6/30/13 12:26 am - Rimrock, AZ

Hi everyone, I haven't been on this site probably for over a year.  I feel great and doing my best at keeping up with my water, vitamins, walking and eating.  But over Christmas holidays i did let myself go and gained 10 lbs.  I keep saying I am gonna get them off, i try really really hard and then give up.  Would like something to kick my butt in gear suggestions.  I do try to keep the calories in track but want a kick start.  What do you all think of the 5 day pouch test?  Or what else would you suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Debbie

Moving on to better health        
poet_kelly
on 6/30/13 1:07 am - OH

I would just go back to basics, what you know you're supposed to be eating, and maybe kick up the exercise a bit.  I think the five day pouch test is a fad diet that general leads to a few pounds of weight loss, but people often gain those few pounds back as soon as they go back to eating normally (just like with any other fad diet).

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

JJ_
on 6/30/13 7:27 pm

Hi Debbie,

Do you have a favourite protein shake?  I would suggest that you have a protein shake for breakfast and for lunch.  Then a sensible dinner (3 oz of protein, plus veggies).  I love the Premier Protein shakes as they are ready made, and portable.  They also provide 30 grams of protein for 160 calories.

Track your intake (you can use myfitnesspal.com or any other online tracker).  It also has a place to track your exercise.

Good luck in your progress.

Judy

Renfairewench
on 7/2/13 2:44 am

Protein, low carb or just "good carbs", no bread or flour, no refined sugars, no soda (even diet) and no artificial sweeteners either (some have dramatic effects on your blood sugar), and medium to low fat.

You can fluid load too. Drink a glass of water before eating. Then nothing while eating, then 45 minutes after eating another 16 oz glass of water.

Fluid loading helps too when you are hungry.  

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1250 views