Question.....kind of a survey

huskerfan85
on 7/23/13 11:06 am - Colorado Springs, CO

Ok, first let me say that I know either choice is not the best option, but due to some recent health/heart issue, my primary care doc wants me to take a baby aspirin until I can get in to see the Cardiologist.  He suggested a coated aspirin, but I actually have the chewable ones already.  So the question is which would be easier on my pouch? The chewable that is not sitting in the pouch trying to dissolve, or the coated one that sits in the pouch waiting to dissolve?  Like I said before I realize that neither is a great option, but I have to do it for a week and a half until I can see the cardiologist. Thanks for any thoughts you may have on the issue. 

Gayle  6'2" 

Kara10378
on 7/23/13 1:07 pm - TX
RNY on 06/17/13

I'm kinda a newbie to the RNY but my understanding is is that the pill won't be sitting in your pouch waiting to dissolve.  Since the pouch is open on both ends the pill should go right through and dissolve in your intestine.  Personally I would follow your dr's recommendation and take the coated aspirin.  

HW 295, SW 285, GW 150

huskergalWsD
on 7/23/13 1:57 pm

I have taken both , got some coated ones free from the doctors office they were the samples. they seemed to work the same for me..I was told either would not harm my little stomach..was also told to have some food in my stomach when i take them.

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

Ladyintheloop
on 7/23/13 2:23 pm - TX
RNY on 07/08/13

I would take the chewable.  It seems like the lesser of two evils. 

Most Active