Snack ideas

denaraye
on 8/15/13 6:25 am - MI

Okay, I am not going to lie.  Work is extremely slow right now and I am bored.  Bored for me equals grazing tendencies - I know it is easy for many to say do this or do that instead of eating but if I am being honest that is not likely to happen.  What I can do is change what it is I am munching on for the moment.  School starts again in mid September and work will again pick up around this time also.  Therefore, as I know my "habit" is not going to change itself in the next four weeks - but I do NOT want to ruin my progress - I am seeking advice on better things to snack on then ranch flavored doritos.

Snack ideas have to be easy and travel well (as I am work 10 hours a day).  I also do a lot of reading while at work and tend to munch without really realizing how much I have eaten because I am not paying attention to the food - but the material.  I KNOW that this "habit" needs to be broken in the long run.  And maybe if BEFORE munching I take time to write in a journal or something it will help redirect my attention - but for those times I do reach for something - I am open to your ideas. 

Thanks!

I am no longer defined, by the wreckage behind!

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/15/13 6:49 am

drink. water, tea, etc. 

low - no calorie foods - are cucumbers for me... or pickles when I need something salty (NSA pickles).  Celery stalks ( but i only like them in ranch), and so on.   I eat every 3 hours so unless it is time to eat - I try not to snack, unless it is on 'free foods" 

When I am really desperate -I munch on raw sunflower seeds. But... I only can pick up one seed a time and eat that, then pick up another one.. 1/4 cup lasts me quite a while

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

hollykim
on 8/15/13 10:24 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
I eat boiled/ deviled eggs,jerky,string cheese,string cheese rolled in lunch meat,protein shakes,chicken and tuna and egg salad. At 3 years out,I eat celery,carrot,cucumber in dip or hummus.
Gl

PrincessBelle
on 8/15/13 10:31 am

My favorite thing in summer are those little yellow cherry tomatoes in the container with the hole in the top-I think they're Sunkist brand. No protein & yes, tomatoes have carbs, but I find them quite filling & satisfying. I'm only 5 months out so I can only eat about 6. Also, cut up red & yellow peppers dipped in a dip I Mage: 0% Greek yogurt mixed with an envelope of ranch dressing mix. Also, roasted garbanzo beans--SO GIID! But I have to be careful cause I could eat the whole can over the course of an afternoon or evening.

RNY 3/11/13. 

Member Services
on 8/15/13 12:23 pm - Irvine, CA

Snacks are a challenge to keep interesting.  Here is a link to an OH article on snacks you may like:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/three-keys-to-sustained- weight-loss/

Also, here is link to a search for snack ideas:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/search/action,search_oh/?q=snacks &cx=000946886326336472648%3Ae-vpeg4uyxw&cof=FORID%3A9

Hope this helps!

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/13 9:22 pm

I also love fruit because its very filling and healthy .  Not every vitamin we need for optimal body functioning is included in a vitamin pill !  P and K and antioxidants for instance almost never ARE ... 

I snack on cherries , apricots , bananas  and berries all the time  w  no appreciable weight gain ... and i keeps me out of the cookies lol ....

Missella20
on 8/16/13 8:04 am
RNY on 07/11/13

Have you tried soy nuts or roasted edamame?

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

A. Kondrlik
on 8/16/13 11:22 am
VSG on 01/24/13

I pack lunch and 2 snacks, so I don't have to think about what I am going to have, it is already made.

In addition to the things mentioned above: greek yogurt, sometimes with fiber one mixed in. , 1% cottage cheese with mix ins, low fat ricotta with sugar free jam,  almonds I still try to focus on protein for my snacks., if you are allowed  apple slices and peanut or almond butter

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

Most Active